Shaupeneak Ridge Cooperative Recreation Area
- Reforms needed to get the job done. Kellogg-Barrella, Constance // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;9/4/95 Supplement, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p11
Looks at reforms needed by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's Environmental Monitors Program. Absence of clear-cut guidelines for the program; Complaints about monitors; Approach to make the program more efficient.
- DEC: Get the Lead Out. // New York State Conservationist;Apr2008, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p36
The article reports on the new initiative launched by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to switch to green ammo from lead-based ammunition for firearms training in order to help reduce the impact of lead at firing ranges. The department is currently phasing in the new...
- New ECOs. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2009, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p28
The article reports on the graduation of new Environmental Conservation Officers (ECOs) who will join the police force of the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). The event was held at the DEC Training Academy in Oswego County. The class completed the Division of Law...
- Comptroller to EPF: Give out money faster. Brown, Nathan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;3/31/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 77, p14
The article reports on the recommendations of the comptroller's office for New York's Department of Environmental Conservation to hasten in administering the Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) in the state.
- Belleayre scoping document released. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/10/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the release of the final scoping document for the environmental reviews related to the proposed Wildacres and Highmount Spa Resort complex and the unit management plan for the Belleayre Mountain Ski Center by the State Department of Environmental Conservation in New York....
- Empire State Outdoors. Mooney, Mary Beth // New York State Conservationist;Aug2005, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p2
Provides information on the television program "Empire State Outdoors," produced under the direction of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. Goal of the television program; Partners of the state department in the production of the television program; Theme of the...
- Camping + Family = Fun. Stegmann, Eileen C. // New York State Conservationist;Aug99, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on family camping at the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) campgrounds in New York. Facilities in the campgrounds; Conveniences provided by the DEC campgrounds; Outdoor recreational activities offered by the DEC campgrounds.
- Untitled. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2011, Vol. 65 Issue 6, preceding p2
The author describes summer recreation opportunities offered by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) for nature lovers. Basic amenities and provisions are available at 52 campgrounds in the Catskill and Adirondack Parks. Fishing trips are offered at the DEC's fishery...
- Outdoor Fun!--Women learn outdoor skills at Becoming an Outdoors-Woman events. Roods, Merycarol // New York State Conservationist;Dec2012, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p14
The author presents a personal narrative of her experience in participating in Becoming an Outdoors-Woman (BOW) seminar sponsored by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation on a facility on Lake George, New York.