Making fishing simpler
- Too Many Fish? McMurray, John // Salt Water Sportsman;Jul2005, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p96
Reports on the amendment of regulations on game fishing by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation in 2005.
- New freshwater fishing regulations from DEC. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/16/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 91, p12
The article reports on the changes of the freshwater fishing regulations that the New York Department of Environmental Conservation has released.
- BRIEFLY. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2013, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p28
The article presents news briefs related to nature conservation in New York. The Department of Environment and Conservation (DEC) has released a warning advising anglers not to catch lake sturgeons because of their declining population in the Great Lakes, the Saint Lawrence River, Finger Lakes...
- DEC begins project to aid state's efforts at curbing pollution. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's project aimed at enhancing pollution prevention efforts. Evaluation of public health and environmental risks.
- DEC ozone advisories available from hotline. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p37
Reports on the availability of advisories on ozone formation from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). Forecast that ozone levels likely to exceed standards set by Environmental Protection Agency.
- DEC's Dichotomy. Edinger, Frances M. // Conservationist;Sep/Oct87, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p50
Presents a letter regarding the role of Department of Environmental Conservation in New York.
- Being green and being profitable: Environmental regulation in New York. Poltenson, Norman // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/14/96, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p4
Editorial. Comments on the changes implemented by New York's Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). Appointment of Michael Zagata as commissioner; Downsizing of the workforce; Total quality management approach; Focus on innovation to solve environmental problems; Development of...
- Scout's honor award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/06/97, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p1
Commends the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and The Nature Conservancy for their signing of an agreement to pay 1.8 million dollars for 147 acres of Nassau County Boy Scout-owned land in Wading River.
- State buys 2 Finger Lakes. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;7/3/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 156, pA9
The article reports that New York Department of Environmental Conservation has acquired two Finger Lakes that supply drinking water to Rochester.