Len Rusin's perspective
- How to become an armchair wildlife photographer. Benfield Jr., R.K.; Gumangan, N. // Flower & Garden;Dec90, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p15
Explains how to build a bird feeder and a `photo blind' outside a window. Tells how to photograph the birds which visit the feeder. Finches, cardinals, mourning doves and other birds; How to attract birds. INSET: Free backyard bird feeding booklet available (US Fish and....
- Fowl photos. Higley, John // Outdoor Life;Jan93, Vol. 191 Issue 1, p40
Offers tips on taking photos of gamebirds. Background; Positioning; Lighting; Props.
- Wild cuts. // Ranger Rick;May93, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p30
Presents a photo essay of three water birds with weird haircuts. Western grebe; Red-breasted merganser; White pelican.
- Are these birds big or what? Miller, Claire // Ranger Rick;May95, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p4
Presents photographs of some wild big birds from around the world. Ostrich; Kori bustard from Africa; Eagle owls from Europe and Asia; Andean condor from South America; Long-tailed widowbird from Africa; Peacock in the forests of India; Albatross.
- EXPLAIN THIS! // Science World;12/11/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p22
A photograph of a bird washing his head at a public fountain is presented.
- In every crowd. Millar, B. // Field & Stream;May89, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p59
Provides photo of a lone pintail drake in the midst of a large flock of snow geese in flight. Photographer's personal experience.
- Final frame. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Dec95/Jan96, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p59
Presents a photograph of bushtits feeding on a fresh suet feeder.
- IN THE WILD. Kaufman, Kenn // Audubon;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p42
A photo essay which features several birds indigenous to North America is presented.
- Nests up close. McDonald, Joe; McDonald, Mary Ann // Birder's World;Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p44
Presents several photographs of birds.