Paddlin' thru buffalo
- WWD Style. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/13/2012, Vol. 204 Issue 32, p9
The article discusses the travel destination of Bellport, New York.
- The Shawangunk Mountains. Knight, Frank // Conservationist;Sep/Oct89, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p26
Features the Shawangunk Mountains of New York. Attractions of the area surrounding the Lake Mohonk Mountain House; Weather conditions; Rock climbing on the Sea Borne Mountains; Other recreational activities; Wild life present.
- Popular country destinations in historic Sleepy Hollow. // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/21/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 42, pS4
Features the Sleepy Hollow country in New York. Contribution of author Washington Irving to the popularization of the place; Location of the historic houses and cultural institutions; List of tours offered to visitors.
- random THOUGHTS. // Hotel & Motel Management;10/15/2001, Vol. 216 Issue 18, p41
Presents a question and answer on the hospitality industry in New York. Problems in lodging management; Focus of the question and answer; Advantages and disadvantages of staying in the state.
- NEW YORK. Travis, George // State Facts;2002, p31
New York is one of the states of the U.S. It is named after England's Duke of York. It is also called the Empire State or the Excelsior State. New York became a state on July 26, 1788. It covers 47,379 square miles of land area. There are 62 counties in the state. Albany is the capital of New York.
- Good, Better, West. Healy, David // Ski;Oct2002, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p24E
Provides information on features, prices and skiing services offered at West Mountain, New York, as of October 2002.
- Three for the road. Frontero, V.; Hardin, T. // New York;7/2/90-7/9/90, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p60
Describes three trips within an easy drive from New York City: A long weekend in the lakes district, short trips to the Gold Coast on Nassau County's North Shore or in Rockland County.
- Nurturing tourism is positive economic step for Rockland. Duke, Heather // Hudson Valley Business Journal;04/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p13
Focuses on the tourism industry in Rockland County, New York. Factors driving the economics of tourism; Efforts of the state Department of Tourism to market Rockland; Tourist destinations and attractions during the celebration of the 200th Anniversary of Rockland County.
- Leaves aflame. Frontero, V. // New York;10/10/88, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p66
Describes four day trips to upstate New York where the leaves are just turning color. Artist Frederic Edwin Church's mansion Olana; Catskills in Greene County on the West side of the Hudson River; Montgomery Place mansion; Fort Putnam. Directions; Travel time.