Natural wonders along the Seaway Trail
- Waterworld. Dunbar, David // Travel & Leisure;Oct98, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p111
Describes the trip to Seaway Trail, a 454-mile byway along the Pennsylvania shore of Lake Erie and the New York shore of Lake Ontario and the Saint Lawrence River. Sights and attractions along the Seaway Trail; Highlights of the trip. INSETS: The Itinerary;The Facts.
- New York's Seaway Trail. Clark, Ellen // TravelAmerica;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p30
Shares travel experiences down upstate New York's only official scenic byway, the Seaway Trail. Hugging of the edges of Lake Erie, the Niagara River, Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River; Inclusion of lighthouses, state parks, Wildlife Management Areas and beaches along the way; Thousand...
- NEW YORK'S Seaway Trail. Clark, Ellen // TravelAmerica;Apr2003, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p20
Presents a travel guide to New York State's Seaway Trail. Brief history of the region; Tourist destinations; Places to stay and eat.
- Snorkel That Next Mile. // American Road;Winter2007, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p12
The article focuses on Dive the Seaway Trail, a project that marks sites around the Seaway Trail in New York that offer adventurers unique opportunities to scuba dive. Among the locations scheduled for shoreline designations include Lake Ontario's first New York State Submerged Cultural...
- Great Lakes/Seaway waterway fighting headwinds... made-in-China. Ryan, Leo // American Journal of Transportation;12/14/2015, Issue 616, p17
The article reports on the accelerating influx of cut-rate Chinese steel on Great Lakes/St. Lawrence Seaway System in North America and mentions topics such as steel industry, Lake Carriers Association, and international trade.
- WWD Style. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/13/2012, Vol. 204 Issue 32, p9
The article discusses the travel destination of Bellport, New York.
- The Shawangunk Mountains. Knight, Frank // Conservationist;Sep/Oct89, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p26
Features the Shawangunk Mountains of New York. Attractions of the area surrounding the Lake Mohonk Mountain House; Weather conditions; Rock climbing on the Sea Borne Mountains; Other recreational activities; Wild life present.
- Three for the road. Frontero, V.; Hardin, T. // New York;7/2/90-7/9/90, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p60
Describes three trips within an easy drive from New York City: A long weekend in the lakes district, short trips to the Gold Coast on Nassau County's North Shore or in Rockland County.
- Leaves aflame. Frontero, V. // New York;10/10/88, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p66
Describes four day trips to upstate New York where the leaves are just turning color. Artist Frederic Edwin Church's mansion Olana; Catskills in Greene County on the West side of the Hudson River; Montgomery Place mansion; Fort Putnam. Directions; Travel time.