Vanessa Williams no longer managed by husband Ramon Hervey, but rumors of divorce are false
- Soul survivor. Morgan, Joan; Edwards, Audrey // Essence (Essence);Aug94, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p48
Features the story of Afro-American actress Vanessa Williams. Life marked by controversy; Devotion to family; Domestic life and pressures of acting and singing career; Strength of character; Influence of husband Ramon Hervey; Motherhood; Recovery from her trials.
- The comeback queen. Darling, Lynn // Harper's Bazaar;Jul94, Issue 3392, p108
Profiles Vanessa Williams. Broadway debut in `Kiss of the Spider Woman'; Disappointments; Achievements; Domestic bliss; Singing career.
- Star bright. // Essence (Essence);Oct96, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p12
Features singer actress Vanessa Williams shares her beauty secrets and introduces the professionals who help her shine. How Williams takes care of her health; Vanessa's hairstylists; How she cares for her skin.
- CHOOSE HAPPINESS. Greenwood, Monique // Essence (Essence);Jul2000, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p14
Features singer Vanessa L. Williams, who stands as a role model for her ability in overcoming problems in life.
- 10 most beautiful women. Borns, B. // Harper's Bazaar;Jun92, Issue 3366, p74
Profiles former Miss America Vanessa Williams. Views on the meaning of beauty; Soaring career in music; Acting in the recent CBS movie `Stompin' at the Savoy'; Thoughts on her work and family.
- Ex-Miss America Vanessa Williams overcomes her disgrace by showing and singing `the right stuff.' Stark, J.; Alexander, M. // People;1/30/89, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p48
Profiles Vanessa Williams, 25, the first black Miss America, and the first forced to give up her crown in disgrace. New singing career; Award nominations; Acting debut; Personal life; Efforts to overcome disgrace.
- VANESSA WILLIAMS. // Back Stage (19305966);4/25/2013, Vol. 54 Issue 17, p25
In this article actress Vanessa Williams gives suggestions to aspiring actors to get fame through excellent work and being dedicated to acting, singing, dancing and performing onstage.
- Married, with children. Kaplan, D.A.; Cohen, A. // Newsweek;3/30/1992, Vol. 119 Issue 13, p76
Covers recent developments in the singing career of Vanessa Williams. Details of a recent article in `McCall's' magazine; Comments about her marriage.
- Success is the best revenge. Kroll, Jack // Newsweek;8/15/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 7, p65
Profiles pop star Vanessa Williams, 31, the first black Miss America, who is taking over the star role of Aurora in `Kiss of the Spider Woman.' Biographical and career information.