Vanessa Williams no longer managed by husband Ramon Hervey, but rumors of divorce are false
- Soul survivor. Morgan, Joan; Edwards, Audrey // Essence (Essence);Aug94, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p48
Features the story of Afro-American actress Vanessa Williams. Life marked by controversy; Devotion to family; Domestic life and pressures of acting and singing career; Strength of character; Influence of husband Ramon Hervey; Motherhood; Recovery from her trials.
- The comeback queen. Darling, Lynn // Harper's Bazaar;Jul94, Issue 3392, p108
Profiles Vanessa Williams. Broadway debut in `Kiss of the Spider Woman'; Disappointments; Achievements; Domestic bliss; Singing career.
- Star bright. // Essence (Essence);Oct96, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p12
Features singer actress Vanessa Williams shares her beauty secrets and introduces the professionals who help her shine. How Williams takes care of her health; Vanessa's hairstylists; How she cares for her skin.
- CHOOSE HAPPINESS. Greenwood, Monique // Essence (Essence);Jul2000, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p14
Features singer Vanessa L. Williams, who stands as a role model for her ability in overcoming problems in life.
- 10 most beautiful women. Borns, B. // Harper's Bazaar;Jun92, Issue 3366, p74
Profiles former Miss America Vanessa Williams. Views on the meaning of beauty; Soaring career in music; Acting in the recent CBS movie `Stompin' at the Savoy'; Thoughts on her work and family.
- Vanessa Williams Is Sad About Ugly End for 'Betty' Rovzar, Chris // New York;3/15/2010, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p28
The article focuses on singer and actress Vanessa Williams, who is included in the theatrical production "Sondheim on Sondheim," and is sad about the finale of the television (TV) program "Ugly Betty."
- Miss America loses title. // Newsweek;7/30/1984, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p85
Even after the reigning Miss America, Vanessa Williams, 21, met recently with Pageant executive director Albert Marks to tell him that she had posed in the nude for a photographer, no one expected quite the explicit pictures with lesbian overtones that began to circulate in the Sept. issue of...
- Vanessa L. Williams. Norment, Lynn // Ebony;Oct1997, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p168
Interviews entertainer Vanessa L. Williams about her career and family life. Beauty pageant she won in 1984; Criticisms of Black and White people on the pageants's scandal; Information on her show business career; How she handled her family life as a single mother.
- Ex-Miss America Vanessa Williams overcomes her disgrace by showing and singing `the right stuff.' Stark, J.; Alexander, M. // People;1/30/89, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p48
Profiles Vanessa Williams, 25, the first black Miss America, and the first forced to give up her crown in disgrace. New singing career; Award nominations; Acting debut; Personal life; Efforts to overcome disgrace.