- How do you make your point? Sanders, Lyne B. // Current Health 2;Oct97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p13
Presents information on the different conversational styles. Description of the different styles; Example of of various styles. INSETS: Boy talk, girl talk.;What style is this?..
- Lessons in race, dialogue, and profanity. Burke, James Lee // Southern Review;Winter93, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p51
Looks at the difficulties of writing good dialogue from a writer's perspective. Information on the use of profanity in dialogue; Details on the authors' experiences when learning how to write dialogue.
- She loves me; she loves me not. Selfridge, Oliver // Cricket;Feb97, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p20
Presents a short dialogue played by boys and girls.
- Why editors reject manuscripts: Dialogue. Forrest, Katherine V. // Lambda Book Report;Aug97, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p19
Presents information as to why editors reject dialogue relating to manuscripts. Views of how readers love dialogue; Factors used for the writing and evaluation of dialogue; What all dialogue should give.
- Speakable speech for the stage. McConnell, Jean // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Feb95, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p7
Deals with spoken language on stage. Difference between speech in fiction and in play; Author's search for speakable 16th century English; Example of a very long speech; Changes in the speech written by a playwright when it reaches the stage.
- MY EX-BARBER. Tomne, Adrian // New Yorker;5/2/2005, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p84
Presents a dialogue between a barber and a client who moved to Brooklyn, New York.
- THE CASE OF THE MISSING RING. Honovich, Nancy // Scholastic SuperScience;Jan2009, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p4
The article features a dialogue on how matter occupies space.
- Whafs So Funny? // Know Your World Extra;11/18/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p16
Presents a game asking children to supply a humorous dialogue between two persons in a given picture.
- Letters and Responses. // Business Ethics Quarterly;Jul2008, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p427
The article introduces a section for letters and responses for article authors and readers.