- SEEING YOU LOUD AND CLEAR. Flower, Julie // Communication World;Dec2002/Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p18
Discusses the use of visual technology in business communication. Advantages of using the visual technology; Factors contributing to the success of visual communications; Applications of the technology.
- Effective Presentations. Chaney, Lillian H.; Green, Catherine G. // American Salesman;Jun2004, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p22
Offers tips to deliver an effective presentation before an audience. Importance of eye contact, posture and gestures; Effects of an appropriate presentation attire; Weaknesses in vocal image; Use of visual aids.
- Proven Techniques for Lowering Presentation Quality. Hover, Kenneth C. // Concrete International;Feb2005, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p41
Discusses common factors that often detract from outstanding oral presentations. Late preparation; Too much information; Foggy main points; Marginal visuals; Overtime.
- The Art of Presentation. Mackay, Harvey // Sales & Service Excellence;Dec2004, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p12
Answers several questions about business presentations. Importance of research to presentations; Relationship of audience size with the facility to be used; Information on the use of visuals.
- Going Blank In The Board Room. Giuliano, C. Peter; Carillo, Frank J. // Public Relations Quarterly;Winter2003, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p35
The article offers techniques on how to handle a memory blackout during a business presentation. The key to avoiding unwanted surprises lies in proper preparation. Setting clear objectives, knowing your audience, anticipating worst-case scenarios, rehearsing your presentation--these are among...
- Using Handouts to Increase Your Effectiveness. ROTMAN, ETHAN // Interpreter (National Association for Interpretation);Jul2008, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p17
The article offers guidelines that can help improve the usefulness and effectiveness of handouts. The first tip is to make sure each handout has a clear objective that supports the talk. Also, handouts should be timed to maximize its impact. Handouts can be distributed when the audience arrives...
- Enhance Your Effectiveness with Visual Aids. Rotman, Ethan // Interpreter (National Association for Interpretation);Mar2008, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p21
The article advises the use of visual aids when making a presentation. According to the author, a well-thought-out and appropriately used visual aid makes it easier for the audience to understand what the speaker is saying. The types of effective visual aids include props, illustrations, graphs,...
- C-Suite Presentations. Williamson, Sally // Sales & Service Excellence;Dec2007, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p15
The article presents some of the most common pitfalls made in C-Suite presentations. The challenge for an executive is learning to work with a support team in a manner that makes efficient use of everyone's time and ideas. According to the article, while PowerPoint may still have a place in the...
- Chapter 3: Presentation skills. // Effective Business Communications Pocketbook;1999, p37
Chapter 3 of the book "Effective Business Communications Pocketbook" is presented. It presents methods to improve formal presentation skills in front of an audience. These include determining one's objectives, detailed preparation and planning which depend on one's personal technique. A good...