Severe sciatica? Try a walletectomy
- ABSTRACTS. // Alternative Therapies in Health & Medicine;May/Jun2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p70
The article presents abstracts on topics related to alternative medicine which include the effect of Tai chi exercise on patients with chronic heart failure, the clinical efficacy of spinal manipulation and microdiskectomy in patients with sciatica secondary to lumbar disk herniation (LDH), the...
- NEWS FROM QUEENSLAND. Martin, Margaret // Journal of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society;Jun2007, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p119
The article presents an update on the activities of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society (ATMS) in Queensland in 2007. Topics on complementary medicine will be discussed at the organization's seminar on August 12. Topics at the ATMS Skills Update Seminar held on April 1 in Maroochydore...
- Mind-Body Help Sought for Headaches, Sciatica. Archer, Shirley // IDEA Fitness Journal;May2011, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p75
The article reports a research published in "Neuroepidemiology" which revealed that people with common neurological conditions including headaches, back pain with sciatica, and strokes find use mind-body therapies more frequently than others without those conditions to find stress relief.
- Letters. // Natural Health;Dec2011/Jan2012, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p14
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in the September/ October 2011 issue including the article "How Can I Treat Sciatica?" "10 Ways to Go Natural" and "How to Be a Heavyweight."
- High Brain Interference - Understanding the Cause. Morter, M. T.; Morter, Tom // American Chiropractor;Nov2010, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p52
The article offers information on the effective techniques in delivering chiropractic therapy for patients with neck and back pain caused by interference at the vertebral area. It stresses that chiropractic therapy also provides treatment to headaches, digestive conditions, and sciatica....
- Complementary and alternative medicine use among US adults with common neurological conditions. Wells, Rebecca Erwin; Phillips, Russell S.; Schachter, Steven C.; McCarthy, Ellen P. // Journal of Neurology;Nov2010, Vol. 257 Issue 11, p1822
Our objective was to determine patterns, reasons for, and correlates of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use in US adults with common neurological conditions. We compared CAM use between adults with and without common neurological conditions (regular headaches, migraines, back pain...
- Therapeutic Benefits of Su Jok Therapy. Khiani, Resham // Positive Health;Apr2013, Issue 205, p1
The article discusses a holistic therapy called Su Jok, which comes from Korea and is said to cure chronic health problems by stimulating pressure points on the hands and feet. The therapy was introduced in the 1980s by Korean scientist Park Jae Woo as part of Onnuri medicine, an integrated...
- Semantic confusion. Al-Humadi, Adil H. // Medical Economics;10/09/95, Vol. 72 Issue 19, p108
Presents an anecdote about a physician's exasperation over a patient who keep on insisting that her sciatica radiates to her cheeks.
- How to tell if you have sciatica. Young, Stephanie // Glamour;Dec93, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p37
Presents suggestions on how to determine if a person has sciatica. Pain from inflammation of the sciatic nerve; Common causes of sciatica; Treatment.