Taxes and the armed forces
- TAX TIPS FOR SOLDIERS. Reece, Beth // Soldiers;Mar2005, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p47
Announces the provision of some special benefits to active members of the U.S. armed forces in several tax laws. Web site for tax-filling tips, fact sheets and information on the Military Family Tax Relief Act; Directions for access to the site.
- Bill Would Eliminate Tax Headache For Life Insurers. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/19/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 12, p26
Focuses on a bipartisan legislation that would eliminate the restrictions on consolidated tax returns filed by life insurers affiliated with non-life companies in the United States. Number of members of the House Ways and Means Committee who co-sponsored the legislation; Provisions under the...
- Realtors continue to push for property tax reform. Eure, Jenny // Fort Worth Business Press;6/27/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p29
Focuses on the efforts of Greater Fort Worth Association of Realtors members to support property tax reform in Texas. Benefits offered by property tax reform; Need for legislators to address property tax issues; Examples of bills that will benefit the real estate industry.
- 'Special benefit' charge modified. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Jan1992, Vol. 109 Issue 1181, p42
Focuses on a proposal to introduce a provision in the Finance Bill 1992 in Great Britain. Goal of amending a legislation that imposes an income tax charge on 'special benefits' received by some individuals; Ownership of shares which a director or employee acquired.
- Tax Benefits for Military Members and Families, Part 1. Scafidi, Catina M.; Curatola, Anthony P. // Strategic Finance;Feb2006, Vol. 87 Issue 8, p11
The article discusses the special tax benefits for members of the United States Armed Forces and offers tax practitioners some advice when submitting taxes. The U.S. Internal Revenue Service defines a member of the armed forces as all commissioned officers, warrant officers, and enlisted...
- Join the BMF. // Builders Merchants Journal;Mar1995, p49
Focuses on the benefits of being a member of the Builders Merchants Federation. Member benefits involving important legislation; Information on commodities; Training.
- Benefits that work. Busby, Dan // Your Church;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p60
Focuses on the importance of benefit plans for tax credits of church employees. Benefits that should and should not be included; Special rules of benefits.
- Bill would target subsidy recipients. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/24/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30605, p6
Focuses on the legislation introduced by lawmaker David Minge in the United States House of Representatives that would tax businesses that benefit from special targeted economic subsidies and deny federal tax exemption on certain bonds. Key provisions of the bill; Minge's comments on the...
- Maryland and Virginia counties plan more special tax district bond issues. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;08/17/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30458, p30
Focuses on the growth of bonds backed by special tax districts in the Washington Region. Factors contributing to the popularity of tax districts; Risks associated with special tax districts; Benefits of private placements for counties selling special tax districts.