- WebWatch Pediatric AIDS. Wootton, Jacqueline C. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Sep98, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p729
Presents information on several electronic resources dedicated to pediatric AIDS research. Details on the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation; Objective of the Pediatrics AIDS Clinical Trials Group; Information provided by the ATIS Treatment Guidelines.
- Aids update. Geraci, Ron; Swierczynski, Duane // Men's Health (10544836);Jul/Aug97, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p54
Includes articles about Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). Multimedia resource about the disease in the Web; Life insurance companies; Effects of interleukin-2 in Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) positive patients; Natural resistance to HIV.
- Just the facts. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Mar95, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p65
Features `AIDS/HIV in the Workplace,' a fact sheet on the nature of AIDS/HIV and its implication for the workplace, published by BNA Books. Contact information.
- Plugging into AIDS resources. // Patient Care;5/15/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p181
Lists sources of information on AIDS. Telephone hot lines; Support groups for patients and physicians; Computer sites; Books and publications.
- Two PSA campaigns promote AIDS education and prevention. Osterman, Jim // Adweek Western Edition;1/3/94, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p5
Reports on two public service campaigns dealing with AIDS prevention. `Automatic' advertisement which features a latex condom walking to the bed of a couple engaged in foreplay; `Break the Silence' advertisement which uses country music stars to talk about how AIDS is spread and how using...
- AIDS hotline. Welch, Dawn // Shape;Apr95, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p25D
Provides the HIV-AIDS Treatment Information Service hotline.
- L.A. School Board to Distribute AIDS Pamphlets. Dwyer, Sandy; Brooke, Asian // Advocate;12/10/85, Issue 435, p22
Reports on the Los Angeles, California Board of Education's approval of a proposal to provide students with information about AIDS. Distribution of pamphlets containing specific details about AIDS transmission; AIDS-related in-service training of teachers and other school personnel.
- AIDS obscures injustice and medicalizes poverty. Murphy, Brian K. // Canadian Dimension;Jun/Jul95, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p38
Argues the necessity for a rethinking of medical-scientific propaganda being disseminated about AIDS. Need to generate funds for research and medical treatment; Social and economic conditions that promote AIDS; Misinformation and faulty data presented by medical science.
- Untitled. // Second Opinion;Oct92, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p107
Discusses the use of a community-based computer network for people with AIDS. Reduced sense of isolation for AIDS victims; Information about the disease through the computer network; Proposed information service for people afflicted with Alzheimer's disease.
- AIDS at work. Maynard, Roberta // Nation's Business;Aug94, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p12
Announces the availability of a manager's kit for firms that need help dealing with AIDS in the workplace. Price: Contact information.