Irrigation and authority in Rajasthan
- Authoritarianism and its adversaries in the Arab world. Crystal, Jill // World Politics;Jan94, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p262
Discusses the issue of authoritarianism in the Arab world. Origins of authoritarianism; Relationship between economic change and patterns of state control; Relationship between social-cultural diversities and level of state control; Importance of institutions of repression in sustaining state of...
- Giving orders. Pollock, Ted // Electric Light & Power;Dec95, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p35
Provides common reasons for discrepancy in the ability to give orders that are carried out.
- The road to authoritarianism. // World & I;Apr95, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p50
Reports on the way Russian President Boris Yeltsin and his closest advisers are handling the events in Chechnia as indicative of their paving the way towards authoritarianism.
- Authoritarian attitudes and aesthetic preferences: A Bulgarian replication. Schneider, Johann F.; Krumov, Krum // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Aug93, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p255
Describes a Bulgarian replication with students of a German study concerning the effect of stimulus properties of complexity and order and authoritarian attitudes on the perceived pleasantness of polygons. Analysis of variance; Main effects for order and complexity.
- How Asia sees the West. // Wilson Quarterly;Autumn94, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p146
Presents an excerpt of the article written by Denny Roy appearing in the March 1994 issue of the periodical `Asian Survey' concerning the emergence of authoritarianism in East Asia. Challenge of authoritarianism to the Western political order.
- Association of right-wing authoritarianism and income with wife abuse. Hastings, Brad M. // Psychological Reports;Apr97, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p667
Investigates the association of right-wing authoritarianism and amount of income with wife abuse. Scales used to measure authoritarianism among males.
- Water Policy Reform in China's Fragmented Hydraulic State: Focus on Self-Funded/Managed Irrigation and Drainage Districts. Nickum, James // Water Alternatives;2010, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p537
This essay explores the nature of China's unique decentralised 'authoritarian' regime and its various origins; the continuous dialectic between state-directed and market-directed approaches to the economy (including water); the economic and budgetary drivers of water policy change; whether the...
- Mirage land to waste Clemings, Russell // Earthwatch: The Journal of Earthwatch Institute;Jun1991, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p14
No abstract available.
- An old-fashioned rain barrel--with a twist. Nelson, W.G. // Flower & Garden;Aug90, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p41
Explains how to convert an old whiskey barrel into a rain barrel with a drip watering system. Location of the rain barrel; How to connect the drip system; Drip watering kit.