Liquid supplement marketers pour it on thick
Tags: DIETARY supplements
- Ensure goes from can to candy (sort of). // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Feb98, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the availability of the liquid supplement Ensure in candy bars. Previous marketing of Ensure as a meal-in-a-can; Fortification of Ensure with vitamins; Sale of Ensure bars in pharmacies; Nutritional value of Ensure.
- A grass roots approach to good health. Ruth, Joao-Pierre S. // Business News New Jersey;05/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p24
Focuses on the growth of natural supplements and nutraceuticals market in the United States. Absence of proven powers to treat disease; Forecast on the natural products industry; Damaging effects of anabolic steroids.
- Nutritional supplements. // Drug Store News;6/26/95, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p158
Presents statistics on the purchase of dietary supplements in the United States. Percentage of population buying antacids annually; Number of times purchased per year; Average price per year.
- Diet aids/complete nutritional. // Drug Store News;12/9/96, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p56
Presents charts showing the best selling dieting aids/complete nutritional brands in drug, food and mass outlets in the United States as ranked by dollar sales for the week ending September 7, 1996. Item description.
- Nutritional supplements. // Drug Store News;12/9/96, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p58
Presents charts showing the best selling nutritional supplement brands in drug, food and mass outlets in the United States as ranked by dollar sales for the week ending September 7, 1996. Item description.
- Fat-burning bars designed to be a delicious way to lose weight. // Drug Store News;2/17/97, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p40
Reports on USA Nutritionals' introduction of 100% natural Super Fat Burning nutritional bars, intended to be a healthy way to supplement a weight loss program. Blend of vitamins and minerals, including chromium; Available flavors.
- Diet aid, nutritional drink sales boom. // Drug Store News;2/17/97, Vol. 19 Issue 4, pF10
Focuses on the retail growth of liquid nutrition drinks and diet aids. Exposure received by liquid nutritional supplements via aggressive advertising campaigns; Target market; Mixture of merchandising strategies; Specialty section for medical nutritionals; Shift in emphasis from quick-fix diet...
- Bee pollen, shark cartilage, ginseng: The truth about 10 top supplements. Zupke, Mary Payne // Environmental Nutrition;Sep93, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p1
Part III. Uncovers the true and false notions on various nutritional supplements. Amino acids; Bee pollen; Blue-green algae; Choline; Coenzyme Q-10; Ginko biloba; Ginseng; Inositol; Lecithin; Shark cartilage.
- Do you need liquid nutrition in a can? // Environmental Nutrition;Mar1994, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p7
Provides information to a reader's question on the liquid nutritional supplement, Ensure. Nutritional content of Ensure; Recommendation of Carnation Instant Breakfast as a liquid supplement.
- Can a multi offer one-stop shopping for vitamins and minerals? Ward, Elizabeth M. // Environmental Nutrition;Aug98, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p1
Questions if a multivitamin/multimineral supplement is beneficial. Comments made by Jeffrey Blumberg of Tufts Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging; Reason for the reluctance of researchers to provide a daily multi supplement. INSET: EN's picks of the pack.