Split-dollar ruling hits corporate officer on excess cash
- Do You Measure Up? Schaap, Eric // Asia Insurance Review;Sep2008, p94
The article discusses topics related to need for business awareness and adherence to vigilant and volatile shareholders. It states that many companies argue that risks should be effectively managed at the business unit and process level. However, it does not have an enterprise focus and misses...
- Preliminary issues when bidding for an Insurance Business. Chen, Paul P.; Sheng Wu // Asia Insurance Review;Mar2009, p104
The article highlights preliminary issues when making a bid for an insurance business particularly the insurance merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions. It is suggested that in making a bid, it is essential for bidders to conduct a rigorous business and legal due diligence process. One of the...
- The new American dream: Owning your own business. Doescher, William F. // Business Credit;Apr97, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p49
Reports that business ownership has become the American dream. How the success of small businesses have improved the American economy; Examination of the impact of technology on small businesses; Statistics on the number of business owners in the United States; How to select the best employees...
- Management stock ownership shows no effect on company performance. // Corporate Board;May/Jun93, Vol. 14 Issue 80, p26
Reports on the results of a study which examined the effect of top management stock ownership on company performance. Performance indicators examined; Researchers' conclusion that management stock ownership has no real effect on company performance.
- More companies tell executives to become shareholders. // Corporate Board;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 18 Issue 102, p26
Focuses on a study on executive stock ownership guidelines in proxy statements of 350 large companies in the United States. Compliance period; Median multiple for chief executive officers.
- Eye for the best buy. // Management Today;Jan97, p67
Discusses the strategies of two prominent stockmarket investors in buying stocks. Long-term investment success and cost of investment; Warren Buffet and Philip Fisher's strategies.
- Business groups and the determinants of corporate ownership. Buzzacchi, Luigi; Colombo, Massimo G. // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Jan1996, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p31
Presents information on cross-industry differences in the pattern of corporate ownership in the Italian manufacturing and mining sectors. Information on the allocation of financial resources; Industry-specific determinants of corporate ownership.
- State equity ownership and firm market performance: evidence from China's newly privatized firms. Wei, Zuobao; Varela, Oscar // Global Finance Journal;May2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p65
This research examines the relation between state equity ownership and firm market performance for China''s newly privatized firms in 1994 (164 firms), 1995 (175 firms), and 1996 (252 firms). The overall results show that state ownership has a negative effect on firm value. Tobin''s Q is convex...
- Putting the `s' into ESOP. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Jan1998, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p86
Analyzes how small business owners can benefit from incorporating employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs) into their stockshares. Incurring unrelated business taxable income.