Groups seek to alter immigration-reform bill
- Republican Senators Still Waffling on Amnesty. // Human Events;4/3/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p3
The article focuses on the approval of an immigration reform bill by the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee that would convert illegal aliens into legal guest workers and give them a chance for citizenship. The bill does not include an amnesty for illegal aliens which would grant them any kind of...
- Senate Republicans cripple immigration reform. // Human Events;4/12/96, Vol. 52 Issue 14, p5
Reports that a group of Senate Judiciary Committee Republicans has stripped from its immigration bill the proposed scale-backs of the family reunification program. Elimination of the entitlement to bring in adult children and countless siblings.
- Statement on Senate Action on Immigration Reform Legislation. Obama, Barack // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/21/2013, p1
The article presents the statement given by U.S. President Barack Obama on May 21, 2013 commending the Senate Judiciary Committee for completing its work on Senate Bill 744 or the Border Security, Economic Opportunity and Immigration Modernization Act.
- Bishops' Chairman Analyzes Immigration Bill. // America;4/17/2006, Vol. 194 Issue 14, p7
Relates the reaction of U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops to the immigration bill approved by the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee on March 27, 2006. Support of Bishop Gerald R. Barnes to the provisions of the bill.
- Immigration bill passes Senate Judiciary Committee. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;5/30/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 22, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Senate's Judiciary Committee has passed the immigration reform bill which proposes a new program for low-skilled workers and highly trained ones to enter the country at greater levels than currently exist. President Barack Obama congratulated the Senate...
- Republicans against Reform. Beck, Roy // National Review;4/8/1996, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p21
The article discusses the decision of six Republican senators on the Senate Judiciary Committee on March 14, 1996 to split the omnibus immigration bill. The decision was hailed as a victory for the business community. By splitting the measure into two bills, legislators can decide to crack down...
- AHA urges renewal of Conrad State 30. // AHA News;9/4/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p6
The article deals with the proposal of the American Hospital Association to the U.S. House and Senate Committee on the Judiciary to renew the Conrad State 30 program. It discusses the provision of the program which expired on June 1, 2006. The program gives permission to state health departments...
- Slightly Altered Bankruptcy Bill Clears Senate Committee. Duran, Nicole // American Banker;03/01/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 41, p4
Reports on the United States Senate Judiciary Committee's clearing of the bankruptcy bill on February 28, 2001. Optimism on the passage of the bill; Amendments made to the bill.
- Interim Committee to Discuss Marcellus Shale Regulations. // State Journal (WV);9/9/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p3
The article offers information on the first legislative interim committee meeting on Marcellus Shale regulations to be held from September 9-12, 2011 in the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee meeting room.