Ronnie's really good idea
- Gendered Parenthood Penalties and Premiums across the Earnings Distribution in Australia, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Cooke, Lynn Prince // European Sociological Review;Jun2014, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p360
Parenthood explains some of the gender earnings gap, but its effects differ among women and men and across countries. Wave 6 LIS data and regressions of the recentered influence function are used to compare effects of parenthood across the unconditional earnings distribution in Australia, the...
- CAPITAL IS THE REAL OF OUR LIVES. // Adbusters Canada;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p55
The article presents the author's view on the implications of capital in addressing social problems in the U.S.
- The Emergence of Sexualization as a Social Problem: 1981—2010. Duschinsky, Robbie // Social Politics: International Studies in Gender, State & Societ;Spring2013, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p137
The article explores the history of how â€œsexualizationâ€ has come to be recognized as a social problem in the United States and Britain. It traces the â€œdiscursive coalitionâ€ which occurred between a number of conservative and feminist commentators, who for quite different...
- Inadequate social care funding is compromising community nursing. Gillen, Sally // Nursing Standard;5/16/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p9
Cuts to adult social care funding are piling pressure on more than three quarters of community nurses.
- One in five Texas families face hunger each day, look to Farm Bill vote. Hawkes, Logan // Southwest Farm Press Exclusive Insight;9/7/2012, p4
The article reports on a survey from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which reveals that one in five families in Texas do not have enough food to eat each day. Particular focus is given to the response of the Congress to the food security issue and the significance if social programs, such as...
- FULFILLING THE PLANNING GUARANTEE. // Builders Merchants Journal;Apr2013, p43
The article offers information on the Great Britain government regarding proposals for amendment in legislation to permit refunds.
- CHAPTER 6: In the Midst of Plenty: The Political Economy of Poverty in the Affluent Society. O'Connor, Alice // Poverty Knowledge;2002, p139
Chapter 6 of the book "Poverty Knowledge: Social Science, Social Policy, and the Poor in 20th-Century U.S. History," by Alice O'Connor is presented. It explores some basic elements of a political economy of poverty and discusses effort of social scientists and social critics in the U.S. to...
- U.K. job market strengthens. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/20/2015, pA02
The article reports on the reduction of the unemployment rate in Great Britain as of March 2015.
- Churches publish foodbank resource. // Reform Magazine;Jul/Aug2014, p7
The article talks about an association of churches in Great Britain which introduced a resource on food banks called â€œFaith in Foodbanks?" to tackle food poverty and recommends Christians to think about the issue.