The social structure of the transitional society
- Russians too busy and too tired to plot revolution. Matloff, Judith // Christian Science Monitor;9/8/98, Vol. 90 Issue 199, p1
Looks at the possibility of social or military revolution in Russia in 1998. Why Russia seems ripe for another revolution; The weariness of the Russian people; Their efforts to find food; The demoralization of the military; Why analysts do not think it very likely that the military will revolt;...
- Drinking as Communication in Russian Culture. Khatskevich, Elena // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2009, p1
. ..PAT.-Unpublished Manuscript
- Happy New Year? Richardson, Paul // Russian Life;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p4
Highlights socio-political events and changes taking place in Russia. Rise of Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin; Lesson of Vietnam and Afghanistan; Chechnya, Russia conflict; Isolation of Russia from the United States and the rest of the West.
- Russia's bold new proletariat. Weir, Fred // Christian Science Monitor;9/6/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 198, p6
Focuses on independent labor unions which are emerging in Russia, and how government legislation may permit only one union to exist in each factory. Mention of the organization of workers at a plant who protested layoffs; Topic of the effectiveness of the Federation of Independent Trade Unions;...
- Mother Russia. // Business News New Jersey;3/20/96, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p3
Reports that Katherine Kish, president of a diversity training firm, has gone to Russia to help form the Veronezh, Russia, Women Business Owners Association. Kish's qualifications for the project; Comments from Herb Spiegel, executive director of the mercer County Community College Small...
- FACTS & FIGURES. // Russian Life;May/Jun2000, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p9
Presents trends illustrating social conditions in Russia for May 2000. Percentage of Russians who are religious; Statistics of private mansions built in Moscow; Distribution of the national income.
- NOTE BOOK. // Russian Life;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p6
Reports social developments in Russia as of September 2001. Restoration of Saint Basil's Cathedral; Opening of the museum for quilted boots; Celebration of the foundation anniversary of the city of Ulan-Ulde.
- Russia, the sick man of Europe. Eberstadt, Nicholas // Public Interest;Winter2005, Issue 158, p3
This article discusses the population decline in Russia as of January 2005. The Russian Federation is in the grip of a steadily tightening mesh of serious demographic problems, for which the term crisis is no overstatement. This crisis is altering the realm of the possible for the country and...
- Women's day in Russia: showers of flowers. Weir, Fred // Christian Science Monitor;3/8/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 71, p7
Reports on the efforts of women in Russia to form a women's movement, in light of International Women's Day. Idea that women are expected to work full-time and manage the majority of home chores; Social conditions in Russia, including a decrease in the birth rate.
- PONOWOCZESNY WYMIAR SUBKULTUR MÅODZIEÅ»OWYCH W ROSJI. KOWALSKA, Martyna // Politeja;2013, Vol. 26, p627
This paper aims to present contemporary characteristics of youth subcultures which result from the concept of postmodern era. With this end in view, in the introduction some selected research positions have been analysed for which the reference point is the theory of postmodernism and...