Celebrating 75 years
Tags: NURSERIES (Horticulture)
- The Problem SOLVER. Tilt, Ken; Landicho, Sarah // American Nurseryman;7/1/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 1, p47
Focuses on the method of growing quart liners by Bill O'Meara, the president and founder of BoShanCee Nursery Inc. in Alabama. Utilization of poly tunnels; Enhancement of the propagating system; Reduction of water consumption.
- What's Growing On with NURSERY PROFESSIONALS. // American Nurseryman;11/15/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 10, p10
Features Contagious Cacti retail nursery in Torrington, Connecticut. Customer services; Mission statement of the firm; Trading of cactus and succulents.
- Turbulent storms ravage West Coast. // American Nurseryman;1/15/96, Vol. 183 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the effect of storms and heavy rains on various nurseries in the United States Pacific Coast. Damages caused to plants; Estimated cost of damages from flooding.
- A look back at 1995. Panczyk, Tania // American Nurseryman;1/15/96, Vol. 183 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on various developments in the nursery industry in the United States in 1995. Effect of various federal regulations and laws on the nursery industry; Controversy surrounding the Plants for America plan; US Department of Agriculture's recognition of the needs of the horticulture industry.
- State-owned nurseries under fire. // American Nurseryman;3/1/96, Vol. 183 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the inquiry of some nursery and landscape organizations on the potential competitive edge of United States government-owned nurseries. Support on the passage of the bill on the reduction of annual seedling production of Wisconsin's three tax-subsidized nurseries; Illinois...
- These natives are getting restless. Bir, Richard E. // American Nurseryman;4/15/96, Vol. 183 Issue 8, p33
Focuses on succeeding in the nursery industry. Plant characteristics and variations; Cultural conditions; Plant propagation and selection.
- Nurseries clean up from Southern tornadoes, Midwestern rains. // American Nurseryman;6/15/96, Vol. 183 Issue 12, p16
Reports on developments relevant to nurseries in the United States for the period ended June 15, 1996. Effects of tornadoes that hit various Southern states; Assessment of destruction caused by tornadoes; Torrential rains in the Midwest.
- Small businesses in midst of a takeover frenzy. // American Nurseryman;6/15/96, Vol. 183 Issue 12, p16
Reports on an increase in takeover and merger activity in the nursery industry in the United States for the period ended June 15, 1996. Madison Heights, Michigan-based Century Rain Aid's acquisition of two Bay State Irrigation branches; Indicators of merger and acquisition activities among...
- Private sector takes issue with state-run nurseries--again. // American Nurseryman;02/15/97, Vol. 185 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the cooperative agreement between the state's government-run nurseries and private nurseries. Limitation on the state's nursery production level; Increase on the size of the minimum order; Establishment of a cooperative program.