Avondale to purchase Graniteville Co
- News from the mills. // Textile World;Apr94, Vol. 144 Issue 4, p10
Reports that Graniteville Co. has ordered Rieter R1 rotor spinning equipment for three plants.
- Avondale Industries Inc. (AVDL). // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/03/99, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p3
Reports on the financial performance of New Orleans, Louisiana-based shipbuilder Avondale Industries Inc. for the quarter ending March 31, 1999.
- Avondale Industries Inc. C.B. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);06/21/99, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p23
Features shipbuilder Avondale Industries Inc., Louisiana's largest manufacturing employer. Deal to merge with Newports News Shipbuilding Inc.; Avondale's attractions as a takeover candidate; Amount of backlog in orders.
- Customizing skills training. B.H. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/02/96, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p43
Reports on Avondale Industries Inc.'s increasing rate of employees' toll in New Orleans, Louisiana. Factors resulting to the losses; Utilization of contract labor; Company's search for employment's continuity.
- Avondale's risng tide lifts local businesses. Stinson, Sonya // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);07/28/97, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p1A
Comments on the economic impact of Avondale Industries Incorporated's win of the largest commercial contract in its history. Details on the contract; Efforts of other West Bank business owners to calculate the contract's multiplier effect; Views of Hyman Bartolo, vice president of Bartolo...
- Local public company auction. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/04/98, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p3
Presents a chart on the finances of New Orleans, Louisiana-based Avondale Industries Inc. in 1997 and 1998.
- Avondale invests in itself with `Dutch auction' stock move. Calder, Chad // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/18/98, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p4
Focuses on the sales method, called the Dutch Auction, being implemented by Avondale Industries Inc. Advantages of the Dutch auction for shareholders; Comments from company executives; Speculations on the method of financing.
- Avondale holders set public stock offering. M.McN. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/14/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 52, p11
Reports on the public offering of shares of Avondale Inc. Denim supplies; Shareholders; Net income; Net sales; company profile.
- Avondale to pay U.S. $750,000 to settle overcharge allegations. // Traffic World;9/12/94, Vol. 239 Issue 11, p17
Reports on the payment of $750,000 by Avondale Industries Inc. as part of a settlement to the federal government. United States Navy contract overcharging; Denial of culpability by Avondale officials.