Attention all health care providers: Fraud can be hazardous to your health
- Fraud crack down in the United States. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);05/31/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7094, p1570
Focuses on an expanded Operation Restore Trust to prevent fraud and abuse in Medicare and Medicaid announced by US Health and Human Services Secretary Donna Shalala.
- White House credits healthcare reform law for record fraud bust. Pecquet, Julian // Hill;2/29/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p12
The article reports on the efforts of the U.S. Medicare Fraud Strike Force in busting Medicare and Medicare fraud operations in the country.
- Meanwhile ... // Family Practice Management;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p25
Reports the issuance of a draft compliance-program guidelines by the Office of Inspector General of the United States Department of Health and Services intended to help medical practices avoid Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse.
- Clinton unveils strict fraud-and-abuse legislation. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;03/31/97, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the unveiling of a package of regulations and penalties to fight Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse, dubbed as the Medicare/Medicaid Anti-Waste, Fraud and Abuse Prevention Act of 1997. Reaction of the American Hospital Association (AHA) to the legislation; Implications of the...
- Fraud and abuse. Conlan, Michael F. // Drug Topics;9/18/95, Vol. 139 Issue 18, p29
Reports on the Health Care Financing Administration's (HCFA) opening of a satellite office in Miami, Florida, aimed at combating Medicaid and Medicare fraud and abuse.
- Agency proposes anti-fraud guidelines for U.S. drugmakers. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p27A
No abstract available.
- Authorities Crack Down On Home Care Fraudsters. // Eli's Home Care Week;2011, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p147
The article focuses on the Medicaid and Medicare fraud-fighting campaign by U.S. authorities which has convicted several fraudsters in Texas and Minnesota in 2011. It states that in Houston, Texas, Family Healthcare Group registered nurse Adelma Casas Sevilla pled guilty to conspiracy in health...
- Toll-free hotline to fight Medicaid, Medicare fraud. // New York Amsterdam News;7/15/95, Vol. 86 Issue 28, p16
Reports that a national hotline has been established by the Department of Health and Human Services to report health care fraud involving Medicare and Medicaid programs. Partnership of federal and state agencies to crack down on Medicare fraud; States to be targeted for the anti-fraud project.
- DoJ, HHS 'HEAT' things up for Medicare defrauders. McCARTY, MARK // Medical Device Daily;5/26/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 99, p2
This article reveals the plan of the U.S. Department of Justice (DoJ) and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to boost efforts to combat Medicare and Medicaid fraud. According to Attorney General Eric Holder, the program is part of an ongoing commitment by the administration to...