Taking a hard line on software
- Shipping Bricks and Other Tricks. GREENBERG, HERB // Fortune;9/29/1997, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p30
Reports on the trend of software companies to persuade distributors to take more product than they really need or want, which is known as stuffing the channel. Software companies who book sales the minute the product leaves the factory; Reasons why distributors allow this to happen; Legal...
- Arizona ranks 16th in nation for software piracy. Sodoma, Brian // Inside Tucson Business;11/23/98, Vol. 8 Issue 35, p10
Cites a report by the Business Software Alliance, which ranked Arizona as the 16th in the list of states in terms of software piracy. Basis for the ranking; Economic impact of software piracy in the state for 1997; Most prevalent forms of software piracy.
- Piracy update. Hinch, Emily // Business Mexico;Jul2001, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p58
Reports on the losses suffered by the computer software industry in Mexico due to piracy. Statistics on software piracy in the country; Estimates on the percentage of Mexican companies that use pirated software; Business Software Alliance's initiatives to combat software piracy.
- Is software piracy enough of a problem to justify vendors' anti-theft efforts? Foster, Ed // InfoWorld;07/20/98, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p64
Focuses on the computer software piracy problem in the United States. Need for software vendors to stop harassing their customers for copy protection schemes; Decisions faced by software companies on fighting software piracy.
- LABELS FIRE ON LIMEWIRE. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;6/7/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 45, p33
The article reports that 13 entertainment labels demand for the permanent injunction of LimeWire after it was ruled that it was responsible for copyright infringement in which they assert that LimeWire does not seem to take action to change their illegal doings.
- Software Stalker. // Accountancy;May93, Vol. 111 Issue 1197, p71
Reports on the impact of piracy on the computer software industry in Great Britain.
- In pursuit of pirates. Bird, Jane // Management Today;Nov95, p92
Discusses the campaign of the Business Software Alliance aimed at raising awareness of computer software piracy. Piracy rates in Turkey and central Europe; Belief of illegal users that they are unlikely to get found out as one of the biggest problem of the industry; Lack of management control...
- Yo, ho, ho And A CD ROM! Jackson, Wayne // New Zealand Management;Dec99, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p100
Probes on software piracy in New Zealand (NZ). Comparison on statistics of software piracy in NZ with China; Issue on the complexity of software licensing; Meaning of Software Management Program.
- Pirates persist. McClenahen, John S. // Industry Week/IW;10/17/94, Vol. 243 Issue 19, p20
Reports on the decline of software piracy in France due to tough penalties in 1993. Fine and jail sentence for freebooters.