Tags: POWELL, Colin L., 1937-
- Powell to keynote NPCA annual meeting. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Jun97, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p8
Features General Colin L. Powell who will present keynote address at the National Paint & Coatings Association's (NPCA) Annual Meeting and Coatings Leadership Conference. His military career; Professional life of Powell; His retirement.
- Poupon Powell. Corry, John // American Spectator;Sep96, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p21
Examines why General Colin Powell will not fit as a Democrat. Powell's supposed candidacy and party affiliation; Powell's social consciousness; Speculation that Powell would like to be Secretary of State.
- Powell is hailed, but invasion is questioned. Davidson, J. // Black Enterprise;Mar1990, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p27
Examines the controversy among African-Americans over the performance of Gen. Colin L. Powell, the first black chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Policies that Powell promotes seen to conflict with the opinions and interests of most black Americans; Focus on the United States invasion of...
- Powell's biz troops on the march. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;10/9/95, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the growing political attention retired General Colin Powell is getting from the Chicago, Illinois public. Factors in Powell's appeal; Possibility of a Republican presidential nomination; Sharp debate on whether Powell will enter the 1996 presidential race.
- The political battlefield: Generals as presidents. Weil, Daniel W. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/16/95, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p13
Opinion. Comments on the emergence of Colin Powell as a leading presidential contender. Raising the question of why generals have been so successful in securing the White House; Significance of the selection of individuals to hold the highest office in the land from individuals steeped in the...
- Republicans hoping Gen. Colin Powell. Coolidge, Shelley Donald; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/9/95, Vol. 87 Issue 136, p2
Reports about a petition against Gen. Colin Powell of New Hampshire, who will enter into the 1996 Presidential elections, as hoped by the Republicans.
- Dear Secretary Powell:. Cobban, Helena // Christian Science Monitor;3/8/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 71, p11
Presents a letter to United States Secretary of State Colin Powell, in light of his foreign policy.
- Poll Shows Colin Powell More Popular Than President Bush. // Jet;6/17/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 26, p32
Reveals that a Brookings Institution poll on trust in government shows that U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell is more popular in the country than President George W. Bush.
- Colin Powell named first black and youngest chair of Joint Chiefs of Staff. // Jet;8/28/89, Vol. 76 Issue 21, p5
Reports on the naming by President Bush of four-star General Colin L. Powell, 52, as the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the youngest man and the first black to be named to that post. Bush's comments; Powell's career. INSET: General Colin Powell's 13 rules he lives by..
- Gen. Colin Powell's advice to young blacks today: Prepare and be ready. // Jet;9/11/89, Vol. 76 Issue 23, p12
Profiles the career of black US Army General Colin L. Powell, who is facing Senate confirmation of his nomination as chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the nation's highest-ranking military command. Powell's comments on the legacy of black soldiers before him, and on opportunities for black...