Securities reform act--panacea or a problem?
Tags: CORPORATION law
- Law to be simplified. Regan, Peter // Asian Business Review;Apr96, p16
Reports on the release of the First Corporate Law Simplification Act on December 9, 1995. Implications of the act for public companies.
- A Winter's tale. Copp, Stephen // Financial Management (14719185);Apr2003, p30
Focuses on the European Commission's attempts to harmonize company law in the European Union. Corporate governance; Impact of information technology; Role of the insolvency law.
- SACIA, CBIA cite gains from recent legislative session. Dzikowski, Don // Fairfield County Business Journal;05/18/98, Vol. 37 Issue 20, p4
Opinion. Reports on the passage and rejection of various corporate-related bills by the legislature of SACIA-The Business Council and the Connecticut Business and Industry Association. Rejection of `corporate responsibility bills' that would have punished companies that downsize workers or...
- TECH NEWS. // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p24
Reports on developments related to corporate law in the U.S. as of October 2003. Release of the software TimeMap 3.0; Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu's creation of standard database.
- Recent development in New York law. Crean, Renee L. // St. John's Law Review;Spring98, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p695
Examines whether New York effectively challenged Delaware's market dominance with amendments to the New York Business Corporation Law (BCL). Discussion on the improvements to the BCL; How the BCL amendments measure up to the Delaware General Corporation Law (DGCL); Conclusions.
- New limits on shareholder derivative actions. Cooper, W. Scott // Business North Carolina;Jul96-Sup-Law Journal, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p56
Focuses on the decision of the North Carolina General Assembly to revise the state's corporate law. Efforts to curb meritless shareholder actions against corporations; Definition of the so-called `shareholder derivative lawsuit'; Right of the shareholder to sue the corporation in a derivative...
- Legal news. Alvarez-Maldonado, Jose Julian // Caribbean Business;11/23/95, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p31
Reports on the adoption of a corporation law by the Puerto Rican Legislature in response to the substantial transformation in the business world. 1995 General Corporation Law of Puerto Rico; Enabling Puerto Rico to meet the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century; Providing flexibility...
- Courts clamp down on boards. Andersen, S.; Bahls, J.E. // Nation's Business;Dec89, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p52
Discusses emerging legal trends that are giving more protection to minority shareholders. Directors' and officers' increasing liability; State protections; How to avoid legal troubles on a board.
- Limited dangers in failing to file `assumed name'. Voigtmann, Mark // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/10/95, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p15
Reports on the consequences of an Indiana-based corporation's failure to file an assumed named certificate. Indiana Supreme Court's ruling that failing to register will not necessarily expose any of a corporation's individual shareholders to judgments against them; Lawyer David L. Mirkin's...