The new science of management: Chaos and quantum theory and method
Tags: MANAGEMENT science
- Standing at a crossroads: A buying group or a marketing group? APA faces the future. // Automotive Marketing;May93, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p14
Examines the marketing program by John Joseph presented in the APA Management Group meeting in March 1993. Competition by APA on an even level against the NAPAs and Carquests of the aftermarket; Marketing group rather than just a buying group; Pressures; More marketing assistance and services;...
- How to find solutions to workplace problems. // Supervisory Management;Dec94, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p9
Provides a checklist for solving problems in the workplace. Managers' responsibility; Defining the problem; Gathering information; Identification of all possible solutions; Selection of the best solution; Taking action; Monitoring results tools and techniques for problem-solving.
- A new tool to measure performance. Spinner, Karen // Global Finance;Nov97, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p24
Forecasts the usability of activity-based costing (ABC) and economic value added (EVA) as a performance measurement of multinational companies. Features of ABC and EVA; Benefits derived from ABC and EVA; Competitors of ABC and EVA in the market.
- Software to help professionals manage your practice. Talsky, Gene R. // New Hampshire Business Review;1/5/96, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p19
Reports on software designed to help business professionals manage their practice. Advantage of using such software; Names of some contact management systems include Symantec's ACT and Elan Software's Goldmine.
- Pedagogical concerns in business education: The case of... Barman, Samir; Buckley, M. Ronald // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Winter97, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p28
Looks at the analytical part played by management science in management education. What makes up management science; Emphasis of a theory over practical application of management education; Recommendations on user participation and management education.
- Memos. Pollock, Ted // Electric Light & Power;Nov95, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p45
Presents the benefits of using memos as a management method.
- Telephone tricks. Pollock, Ted // Electric Light & Power;Nov95, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p45
Offers tips on how to get the best out of telephone use as a management method.
- Delegation. Pollock, Ted // Electric Light & Power;Nov95, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p47
Presents most frequently given reasons why managers do not delegate and provides assessment questions to determine delegation ability.
- Faster reading. Pollock, Ted // Electric Light & Power;Nov95, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p47
Provides tips on how to accomplish faster reading techniques as a management method.
- Involvement. Pollock, Ted // Electric Light & Power;Nov95, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p47
Provides advice on how to master a skill as a management method.