Dear New Yorker
- Business leaders greet Pataki with numbers and enthusiasm. Crotty, Gail V. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p1
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's 1995 visit to Hudson Valley, New York. Message of careful cost-cutting and reduction in government size and business regulations; Focus on worker's compensation as an area that requires the greatest change; Comments on the State University of New...
- Hosting the governor requires preparations, security measures. Crotty, Gail V. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p8
Reports on the preparations at the Mid-Hudson Valley Conference Center luncheon during the New York Governor George Pataki's 1995 visit to Hudson Valley. Security measures; Complications from members of the country club.
- Pataki hails signing of $17 million Sterling Forest funding by Clinton. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/25/96, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p43
Reports on Governor George Pataki's commendation for President Clinton for signing into law a legislation that will allow New York and New Jersey to move forward with their agreement to protect Sterling Forest. Implications of the acquisition of Sterling Forest; Agreement to protect and...
- Inaugural fund-raiser. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;12/12/94, Vol. 10 Issue 50, p6
Reports on New York Governor-elect George Pataki's post-election fund-raiser for the January 1, 1995 inauguration.
- Politicians live (and die) by their images. Duby, Christopher Y. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/29/95, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p4
Opinion. Comments on the projected image of New York Governor George Pataki. Maintenance of the image of Pataki; Upsides and downsides of images.
- Dollface. Traub, James // New Yorker;1/15/96, Vol. 71 Issue 44, p28
Profiles New York Governor George Pataki. Comparison with Mario Cuomo; Ending of government expansion in New York State; Budget proposal for 1996; Reverence for Theodore Roosevelt; Pataki's temperament as his greatest political asset; Family background.
- Gov. Pataki appeals ruling on use of pension assets. Williams, Terry // Pensions & Investments;12/25/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p8
Gives information on New York's Governor George Pataki decision that labeled his $230 million of the New York State and Local Retirement Systems for the state budget. Comments from New York Supreme Court Judge Thomas Keegan; Filed suit by New York Comptroller H. Carl McCall.
- Governor Pataki visits Loretto at the Nottingham. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/2/95, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p15B
Reports that New York Governor George Pataki has visited The Nottingham, a senior-living community in Syracuse to welcome the first participant in a Medicaid Demonstration Project. Approval of Loretto as provider for the project; Description of the Demonstration Project; Benefits for persons...
- Forget poll data; Pataki's on track. // Crain's New York Business;5/8/95, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p8
Opinion. Comments on New York Governor George Pataki's low approval ratings. Criticisms from special interest groups; Proposed tax cuts.