Experiencing Letchworth--from the inside and out!
- Rafting the Grand Canyon. // Backpacker;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p38
Describes the advantages of rafting at the Grand Canyon in Arizona.
- White water! Mummert, Stephanie // Boys' Quest;Aug/Sep96, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p41
Discusses various aspects of white water rafting. Rules; Paddle techniques; Commands.
- A raft of experience. Huntington, Sharon J. // Christian Science Monitor;1/22/97, Vol. 89 Issue 39, p16
Describes a raft trip down the Colorado River in Arizona's Grand Canyon.
- The wonder of white water. Browne, Maya // Heart & Soul;Aug/Sep97, Issue 22, p82
States that rafting can be nice and easy, but can also be nice and rough if it's the right river. Places to go in the expedition; Package cost of rafting; Best time to visit the places. INSET: Picking a pro..
- Riding the Wild, White Water. Mackay, Katurah // National Parks;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 74 Issue 9/10, p42
Features information on two sites for whitewater rafting in West Virginia. Details on the New River Gorge National River and Gauley River National Recreation Area; Recreation choices offered at the sites; Information on other recreation sites.
- Running snaggletooth. Houston, Pam // Ski;May/Jun94, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p56
Recounts the author's rafting experience along Colorado's Dolores River. Characteristics of the river; Running the Class V-rated Snaggletooth rapid; Challenges faced; Preparations made.
- Rafting the Great Whale. Goodstein, Carol; Tessman, Barry // Women's Sports & Fitness;Apr93, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p52
Accompanies conservationist Eric Hertz, president of Earth River Expeditions, on a rafting trip to train several of the Whapmagoostui band of Cree Indians to run whitewater on the Great Whale river in Quebec. Plans for Cree to eventually guide river trips; The Cree cultural avoidance of...
- Whitewater rafting. Kimber, R. // Country Journal;Jun87, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p36
Description of Eastern River Expeditions of Greenville, Maine. It's founding and its river trips. John Connelly and Sandy Neily are river outfitters who teach paddling, train guides, and run clinics on river safety. Rafting in Maine--its negative and positive influence on the state's ecology...
- River wild. Nix, Ayn // American Fitness;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p48
Focuses on whitewater rafting. Fitness and fun-filled opportunities; Options offered by different companies; Selection of reliable raft company; Safety mandates and orientation; Rating of rapids; Contact information.
- Navigating Salmon River, Idaho. // Backpacker;Mar1984, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p60
Rapids, rocks and raft-eating holes were ordinary stuff to famed riverman Verne Huser. Then he tried to teach six newcomers to run the legendary Salmon. A run with Verne.