Our link to the outdoors
- Winning The Rat Race. Dorn, Jonathan // Backpacker;Aug2000, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p70
Describes the trails in The Long Path, New York.
- Heritage Trail pathway between Chester and Goshen is dedicated. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;06/23/97, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on the dedication of the Heritage Trail in Goshen, New York in memory of Edward Harriman Northrup on June 7, 1997. Groups responsible for the construction of the road section.
- Brush With Adventure. Rick, Peter // Backpacker;Aug99, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p96
Provides information on the Catskill Mountains' Escarpment Trail. Portion of the trail where Rip Van Winkle is said to have slept; Artists who found inspiration in Catskill; Description of the terrain and the scenery.
- Trail notes. Shealey, T.; Wysocki, A. // Backpacker;Jun92, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p83
Announces that a new 3.5 mile riverside trail has opened in New York, linking the estates of Franklin D. Roosevelt and Cornelius Vanderbilt. The Hyde Park Trail, which runs along the Hudson river, north of Poughkeepsie; Views of the Hudson River; Plans to develop a Hudson River Greenway Trail...
- Finger Lakes Trail in Letchworth State Park. Lyons, Chuck // New York State Conservationist;Oct99, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p18
Looks at the Finger Lakes Trail at Letchworth State Park in New York. Description; People responsible for the development of the trail; Other branch trails.
- New trails at Henry's Woods. Knight, Chris // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;7/10/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 162, pA1
The article reports on the cutting of trails in Lake Placid, Adirondack Mountains, New York designed for hiking, walking, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing.
- GODS of ROCK. Clynes, Tom // Backpacker;Dec2006, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p80
The article reports on the trailbuilding crew who fixes hiking paths in the Adirondack mountains of New York state.
- On the path. Eyck, Laura Ten; Wolfson, Elissa // E: The Environmental Magazine;May/Jun94, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p11
Features the Long Path hiking trail in the state of New York. New York/New Jersey's maintenance of the trail; Scientist Vincent Schaefer's development of the trail.
- Hudson River Greenway adds 14 miles of trails to its system. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;06/09/97, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the announcement of addition of more than 14 miles of trails to the Greenway Trail System by the Hudson River Valley Greenway. New signs for hiking, walking trails segments; Contact information.