Establishing delivery dates
- Shipment rescoring. // Translog;Winter96, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p16
Reminds Personal Property Shipping Offices that once a shipment is scored in the Total Quality Assurance Program and mailed to the carrier, it can only be changed if the carrier appeals the score. Review of the entire case should the carrier appeal the shipment score; Contact information.
- Carriers to provide DD Form 1840. // Translog;Jul94, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p10
Reports that Personal Property Shipping Offices are advised that carriers must provide a copy of DD Form 1840 (Joint Statement of Loss or Damage at Delivery).
- Personal Property Securities Act. Nankervis, John; Durham, James // Chartered Accountants Journal;Apr2000, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p63
Discusses New Zealand's Personal Property Securities Act (PPSA) 1999. Priority of security interests under the PPSA; Priority over unsecured creditors; Cases when financing statements need to be registered; Content of financing statements; Retention of title agreement; Proceeds; Priority to...
- Raising the Floor. // Practical Accountant;May2001, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p14
Highlights a United States Internal Revenue Service field service advice memorandum which considered the taxpayer's argument that a raised floor installed during the construction of an office building to facilitate the installation of computer systems is personal property under Section 168.
- A RENEWED CHAPTER XII. Copenhaver Jr., John T. // Business Lawyer;Nov70, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p561
Focuses on the proposed revision of the Chapter XIII of the Bankruptcy Act by the Consumer Bankruptcy Committee in the United States. Highlights of proposed Section 647 dealing with deficiency claims; Provisions designed for foreclosure sales of personal property; Amendment of Section 666 on...
- GLT Voter guide. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/29/2008, Issue 1066, p34
The article presents a voters guide, as endorsed by the publication in San Diego, California. A yes vote on Proposition 98 would mean government authority to take private property and transfer it to another private party. A yes vote on Proposition 99 would also mean in a limited number of cases...
- Appraising personal property and fine arts. Linsner, Kenneth Jay // CPA Journal;Aug94, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p64
Reports on the appraisal of personal property and fine arts, as stipulated by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Factors requiring the appraisal of personal property and fine arts; Revenue procedures that provide guidelines for the valuation of tangible personal property; Choosing a qualified...
- The Real Property. Segal, Mark A. // National Public Accountant;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p31
Discusses the distinction of the personal property classification of the United States (U.S.) Internal Revenue Service. Advantages of personal property classification; Definition of a building under the Regulation 1.48-1(e)(1) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service; Factors which are relevant in...
- OCC rule eases property leasing for banks. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;12/19/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 242, p2
Reports that the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency made it easier for national banks to acquire personal property for leasing. Permission for banks to acquire personal property for leasing; Restrictions placed by the agency; Retention of a restriction.