Paranoid phenomena and pathological narcissism
- The Treatment of Paranoid Phenomena: The Development of The Self. Garfield, David A.S.; Havens, Leston // American Journal of Psychotherapy;Winter93, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p75
Presents a treatment approach for patients with paranoid phenomena. Suffering from pathological narcissism; Excessive trust in others; Subjugation of self to the plans of others; Warding off of projections; Renewal of initiative.
- An Assimilated Jew Speaks: Notes on "Jews Without Memory". Breines, Paul // American Literary History;Fall2001, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p530
The article focuses ethnic narcissism and paranoia in the essay "Jews Without Memory." The first instance occurs in the essay's capsule sketch of American ethnic-religious history, which imparts, in passing a venomous edge to the familiar fact that in the U.S. civil religion has had a distinctly...
- How to spot a destructive leader. Kakabadse, Andrew; Kakabadse, Nada // Management Services;Autumn2013, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p16
The authors discuss leadership at organizations, focusing on characteristics of some potentially destructive leaders and presenting the results of leadership effectiveness research as of 2013. Leaders that exhibit characteristics such as narcissism, paranoia, and insight are considered. The...
- Narcissism and Paranoia in the Age of Goethe. Schmiesing, Ann // Monatshefte;Winter2010, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p607
The article reviews the book "Narcissism and Paranoia in the Age of Goethe," by Alexander MathÃ¤s.
- Forensic sexology: Paraphilic serial rape (biastophilia) and lust murder (erotophonophilia). Money, John // American Journal of Psychotherapy;Jan90, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p26
Presents a transcript of a testimony entered in a Florida court that recognizes the qualification of a sexologist as an expert in a sex-offender trial, thereby serving notice to all sexologists nationwide as to where their future forensic responsibility lies. Symptoms and causes of sexual...
- Paranoia: Not just a nutcase condition! Goodwin, Jan // Cosmopolitan;Aug94, Vol. 217 Issue 2, p184
Reports on American women afflicted with everyday paranoia. Irrational or excessive fears as symptoms; Non-relation to clinical paranoia; Relation to mild anxiety; Susceptibility of women in society; Stress on women due to multiple roles.
- Are you paranoid? Van Gelder, Sadie // Seventeen;Aug96, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p108
Presents a self-examination on paranoia. Instances of paranoia. INSET: Scoring..
- Erotic paranoid reaction, the imaginary lover, and the benign conspiracy. Goldwert, Marvin // Psychological Reports;Feb93, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p258
Describes how an erotic paranoid reaction, when linked to fantasies of benign conspiratorial persecution by the hospital and the milieu, might merge as the grandiose messiah-complex. Delusional love and psychosis; More.
- Teleology and paranoia: The search for meaning. Goldwert, Marvin // Psychological Reports;Feb93, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p326
Describes how a paranoid patient, having feelings of guilt and fear and a messianic grandiosity, may construct a teleology based on cosmic bisexuality, by which meaning may be given to his or her suffering.