White man charged with murder he claimed black committed
- "Should Telephone Companies Have Access to the Cable Television Market?" PRO. // Congressional Digest;Feb1991, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p54
Presents Senate floor speeches in favor of giving telephone companies access to the cable television market. Speeches by Dr. Robert G. Harris, Thomas J. Sugrue and Dean Swanson, communications specialists.
- A matter of degree. Goode, E.E. // U.S. News & World Report;5/4/92, Vol. 112 Issue 17, p19
Focuses on the media's handling of convicted murderer Robert Alton Harris's death in San Quentin's gas chamber, California's first execution in 25 years. Why critics believe television left little to the imagination; The argument that such events either turn America against the death penalty or...
- Breaking the death barrier. Kaplan, D.A.; Wright, L. // Newsweek;2/19/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p72
Reports on the upcoming execution of Robert Alton Harris at San Quentin State Prison, just across the Golden Gate from San Francisco, on April 3. Harris' crimes; Repercussions anticipated for the penalty. INSET: Slow go on the row..
- A death in California. // Progressive;Jun92, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p9
Comments on how the recent execution of Robert Alton Harris in California continues to send a message that capital punishment is an acceptable way to deal with a problem, but the barbarity of the act does not solve any problems plaguing society. Harris case received too much publicity; Guilt...
- Death rally days. Mallon, T. // American Spectator;Jun90, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p16
Examines the controversy in California over the pending execution of murderer Robert Alton Harris. Overview of his crimes; Mixed public opinion in California over the states' death penalty statute; Comments from both sides; Feelings of the families of Harris' victims; Decision by the Supreme...
- Harris Takes AICPA Reigns. // Public Accounting Report;10/31/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p2
The article announces that Robert Harris was appointed as the new American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Board of Directors chairman at the AICPA 2009 Fall Meeting of Council in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Untitled. // Electronic News (10616624);7/19/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1972, p12
Presents a photograph of Electronic Data Systems vice president of manufacturing Bud Huyuk with director of information services for the Senate Robert Harris. National Center for Manufacturing Sciences demonstration.
- Court Battle Over Harris Execution: An impatient Supreme Court orders an end to last-minute stays by 9th Circuit. Reske, Henry J. // ABA Journal;Jul92, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p26
Discusses flaws in the death penalty system of the United States as seen in the execution of Robert Alton Harris in California. Rebuke of Harris' attorneys by the U.S. Supreme Court for their search for a stay in the hours before the execution; Criticism of the U.S. Supreme Court by judges who...
- Solange. Harris, Robert // Paris Review;Winter71, Issue 51, p115
Presents the poem "Solange," by Robert Harris. First Line: speaking over the telephone while ironing a blouse; Last Line: helpless by the intelligence.