Intervention strategies in multicultural education: A
- Multicultural art education: A proposal for curriculum... Sahasrabudhe, Prabha // Art Education;May92, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p41
Presents information about the existence of multicultural art education among Americans. When the concept `Americanization' appeared in education literature; How the art education begun to appear in American education; Why the approaches to art instruction became obsolete; Importance of...
- The canonical debate--implementing multicultural literature... Godina, Heriberto // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Apr96, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p544
Analyzes the difference between traditional and multicultural literature known as canonical debate, for teaching experiences. Praticial concerns of teachers; Examination of positions related to multiculturalism; Overcoming obstacles to using multicultural literature in the classroom.
- Beyond diversity awareness. Howe, William; Lisi, Penelope // Adult Learning;May/Jun95, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p19
Offers considerations for adult educators in developing a curriculum that is multicultural. Framework for teachers and administrators to help begin their own action plan; Challenges faced for systemic change; Process for developing a multicultural curriculum; Recommended strategies.
- Communication and conflict in the multicultural classroom. Weaver, Gary R. // Adult Learning;May/Jun95, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p23
Presents an article on the possible conflicts that may be faced by teachers in a multicultural classroom. Differences in role expectations, ways of learning, and styles of verbal and nonverbal interaction; Practical suggestions for the first few classes; Participation of students in...
- Preparing for a more diverse student population. Walton, Priscilla H.; Carlson, Robert // Thrust for Educational Leadership;Feb/Mar95, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p36
Describes the Bilingual Crosscultural Language and Academic Development program designed by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing to prepare teachers of limited-English-proficient students. Goals of the program; Major elements of the program include authorizations based on the...
- Editor's Preface. Juszczyk, Stanisław // New Educational Review;2012, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p11
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the relationships of mathematics anxiety and learning styles of high school students, the preparation of teachers for the implementation of intercultural education, and the role of...
- From Individual Acquisition to Cultural-Historical Practices in Multicultural Teacher Education. Artiles, Alfredo J.; Trent, Stanley C.; Hoffman-Kipp, Peter; Lopez-Torres, Laura // Remedial & Special Education;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p79
ABSTRACTDue to poor school performance among significant numbers of minority students in U.S. schools, many parents, educators, and policymakers now look to teacher education programs (TEPs) to prepare preservice teachers more effectively for student diversity. Unfortunately, although...
- Appendix A. // Physical Educator;Early Winter95, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p181
Presents course descriptions for multicultural education and physical education.
- Another Perspective on Cultural Competence: Preparing Students for an Increasingly Diverse Society. Ford, Donna Y.; Whiting, Gilman W. // Gifted Child Today;Spring2007, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p52
In this article, the authors advocate for elementary and secondary educations that promote cultural competence among U.S. students. Statistics and demographics are cited to illustrate why cultural competence is important, and definitions of cultural competence and other related terms are given....