How to say no!
- BATTLING Peer Pressure. Fanning, Karen // Scholastic Scope;12/8/2003, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p18
Presents guidelines on handling peer pressure faced by teenagers.
- Turing peer pressure inside out. Gartner, Audrey; Riessman, Frank // Education Week;05/20/98, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p36
Opinion. Discusses the issue of peer influence among young people. Effects of peer pressure; Reference to the results of research conducted by Laurence Steinberg; Calls for parents to be taught to solve their communication problems with their children; How peers have a negative influence in...
- The All New Winning Team. White, Kevin; Britt, Stephanie // Winner;Oct96, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p14
Presents a comic strip about peer pressure in adolescence.
- Do Substance Use and Delinquency have Differential Associations with Adolescents' Peer Relations? Maggs, Jennifer L.; Hurrelmann, Klaus // International Journal of Behavioral Development;Jun98, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p367
Despite their potentially serious short- and long-term risks, developmental theorists have argued that risk behaviours may play important constructive roles in adolescent development. The present study hypothesised that adolescent substance use, but not delinquency, would be associated with...
- Silent no more. // National Catholic Reporter;4/15/94, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p5
Reports on the campaign of Jacqueline Vaught to encourage young people to make good decisions instead of giving in to peer pressure. Death of Vaught's daughter in the hands of four teenage girls; Discussion on the details of the murder; Introduction of a public awareness program called `No...
- Rejected Kids Who Don't Fit In. Gaskins, Pearl // Scholastic Choices;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p18
Discusses why teenagers are picked on and how peer rejection affects kids in the United States.
- Peer Pressure Protection. Meyerhoff, Michael K. // Pediatrics for Parents;1999, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p8
Discusses how parents can protect their teenage children from peer pressure.
- Ethnic variation in peer influences on adolescent smoking. Unger, Jennifer B.; Rohrbach, Louise Ann; Cruz, Tess Boley; Baezconde-Garbanati, Lourdes; Howard, Kim Ammann; Palmer, Paula H.; Johnson, C. Anderson // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;May2001, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p167
Previous research has indicated that the influence of peers on adolescent smoking may differ across ethnic groups. Although many studies have focused on African Americans, Hispanics, and Whites, few studies have included Asian Americans, Pacific Islanders, and multi-ethnic adolescents as...
- Saying `no, thanks!'. // Current Health 1;May95, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p26
Reports on the percentage number of American children using tobacco. Studies suggesting lower self-image in kids who use tobacco; Impact of tobacco advertising on kids; Disadvantages of using tobacco; Advice on how to deal with peer pressure.