Wilson proposes statewide choice plan in Calif
- Ill. appeals court upholds school-finance system. // Education Week;10/5/94, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the Illinois Appeals Court's ruling upholding the constitutionality of the state's school-finance system. State constitution's lack of requirement for the state to guarantee equal school funding; Coalition for Educational Rights' plans to appeal the case to the Supreme Court;...
- School cuts again seen as last resort in Calif. Harp, Lonnie // Education Week;6/22/94, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p17
Reports on the impact of planned budgetary cuts in the state of California on education programs. Pledge of Governor Pete Wilson to maintain per-pupil spending; Decline of school services below recommended levels.
- Schools. DeGraw, Jim // San Diego Business Journal;5/27/96, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p14
Reports on Governor Pete Wilson's proposal to give cash gifts to public schools in California as part of the 1996-1997 state budget. Suggested equipment public schools should acquire.
- The future of developer fees for school facilities. Smith, Scott; Keeler, Chris // San Diego Business Journal;04/07/97, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p16
Discusses funding for schools in United States with reference to Governor Pete Wilson's State of the State address. Details of Wilson's address; Information on mitigation fees of schools; Examination of the Governor's address which focused on school facilities.
- $2 Billion Cut, Steady Aid Guaranteed In Overdue Calif. Budget Compromise. Harp, Lonnie // Education Week;9/9/1992, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p24
The article reports that California legislators and Governor Pete Wilson have reached an agreement on education funding. The budget deal is filled with accounting contortions designed to comply with the state constitutional amendment Proposition 98. The total per pupil spending is valued at...
- In change of heart, Wilson to accept Goals 2000 funds. Harp, Lonnie // Education Week;5/01/96, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p13
Reports on the decision of California Governor Pete Wilson to accept $42 million in funding under the Goals 2000 program, reversing his earlier threat of pulling out California from the program. Provisions of the Goals 2000 program; Plans for allocating the funds; Remarks from Wilson on the...
- Caught in Budget Vise, Calif. Awaits Agreement on Cuts. Harp, Lonnie // Education Week;8/5/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 40, p1
The article reports that budget for education in California has been cut due to severe state fiscal crisis. School administrators were monitoring the dialogues between Governor Pete Wilson and legislatures who have been arguing on the extent of school cuts. Wilson insisted that 2 billion-dollar...
- Schools Must Remain a Top Priority, Governor Tells California Lawmakers. Harp, Lonnie; D. G. // Education Week;1/15/1982, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p21
The article reports on the commitment of California Governor Pete Wilson to make educating spending a priority of his administration. He emphasizes the need to enact new programs to continue educational reform efforts. Wilson also plans to present a budget that would allocate 40 percent of...
- Wilson offers half a loaf with tort reform plan. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;3/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p8
Discusses a tort reform proposal which was presented by California's Governor Pete Wilson. Stipulations of the proposal; Effects on legal processes; Reference to Democrats disapproval of this type of proposal.