Stars on the world map
Tags: NATURAL monuments
- Northern Territory. // Architecture Australia;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p22
Reports on the possible Darwin landmarks that would be affected by the Northern Territory government's refusal of heritage protection. Stella Maris Building; Supreme Court; Former Darwin Primary School; Old nurses' quarters.
- Making history. Meredith, T.R. // Architectural Record;Sep1988, Vol. 176 Issue 10, p9
Editorial. `Architectural record' editor Mildred F. Schmertz, FAIA, has been named to the 11-member Landmarks Preservation Commission of the City of New York, the 23-year-old organization that's the forerunner of all American landmarks commissions -- and one of the most prestigious. Offers an...
- Landmarks. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/23/94, Vol. 41 Issue 21, Leisure Guide p77
Presents a list of Long Island, New York landmarks.
- Marketing the Old Man. // New Hampshire Business Review;5/16/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p7A
Focuses on the loss of the Old Man of the Mountain rock formation in New Hampshire. Use of the formation as symbol of the state; Impact of the collapse of the formation on the state's tourism efforts; Need of the sate recreate the natural monument.
- Untitled. // Building Design;9/5/2003, Issue 1592, p1
Reports on the renovation of the Shot Tower, a landmark in Bristol, England. Conversion of the former lead foundry into offices; Details of the three-storey steel and glass office scheme; Project of the Central Workshop.
- Chicago's historic architecture threatened. Kent, Cheryl // Architectural Record;Apr1996, Vol. 184 Issue 4, p15
Presents information on historical landmarks in Chicago, Illinois which could be demolished or altered, because they are without legal protection. Decision made by the Chicago City Council; Intervention by Mayor Richard Daley in a Council decision; Vow made by preservation opponent Alderman Burton.
- Our most endangered landmarks. Mark, E.R.; Holland, L. // Good Housekeeping;Sep90, Vol. 211 Issue 3, p293
Lists endangered historic landmarks in the United States. Kennecott Mines in Alaska; Penn School in South Carolina; Columbus Landing Site in the Virgin Islands.
- Graffiti removal starts Harlem cleanup campaign. Connors, Cathy // New York Amsterdam News;
Reports on New York Landmarks Conservancy's removal of unwanted markings on 139th Street in New York City. Participation of residents and tenants in the area; Conservancy's distribution of a step-by-step guide on graffiti removal to the property owners; Availability of materials and cleaning...
- BLM begins Utah monument management. // Coal Age;Jan1997, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the US Bureau of Land Management's issuance of a memorandum to its Utah field office on the management of the Grand Staircase-Escalante Monument in the state.