Stars on the world map
- Northern Territory. // Architecture Australia;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p22
Reports on the possible Darwin landmarks that would be affected by the Northern Territory government's refusal of heritage protection. Stella Maris Building; Supreme Court; Former Darwin Primary School; Old nurses' quarters.
- Making history. Meredith, T.R. // Architectural Record;Sep1988, Vol. 176 Issue 10, p9
Editorial. `Architectural record' editor Mildred F. Schmertz, FAIA, has been named to the 11-member Landmarks Preservation Commission of the City of New York, the 23-year-old organization that's the forerunner of all American landmarks commissions -- and one of the most prestigious. Offers an...
- Landmarks. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/23/94, Vol. 41 Issue 21, Leisure Guide p77
Presents a list of Long Island, New York landmarks.
- Marketing the Old Man. // New Hampshire Business Review;5/16/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p7A
Focuses on the loss of the Old Man of the Mountain rock formation in New Hampshire. Use of the formation as symbol of the state; Impact of the collapse of the formation on the state's tourism efforts; Need of the sate recreate the natural monument.
- Untitled. // Building Design;9/5/2003, Issue 1592, p1
Reports on the renovation of the Shot Tower, a landmark in Bristol, England. Conversion of the former lead foundry into offices; Details of the three-storey steel and glass office scheme; Project of the Central Workshop.
- Our most endangered landmarks. Mark, E.R.; Holland, L. // Good Housekeeping;Sep90, Vol. 211 Issue 3, p293
Lists endangered historic landmarks in the United States. Kennecott Mines in Alaska; Penn School in South Carolina; Columbus Landing Site in the Virgin Islands.
- Graffiti removal starts Harlem cleanup campaign. Connors, Cathy // New York Amsterdam News;7/23/94, Vol. 85 Issue 30, p4
Reports on New York Landmarks Conservancy's removal of unwanted markings on 139th Street in New York City. Participation of residents and tenants in the area; Conservancy's distribution of a step-by-step guide on graffiti removal to the property owners; Availability of materials and cleaning...
- Ageing rock star. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Aug96, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p9
Reports that the Orkney Islands Council in Scotland is allowing the 140-meter high landmark, the Old Man of Hoy, to erode naturally.
- BLM begins Utah monument management. // Coal Age;Jan1997, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the US Bureau of Land Management's issuance of a memorandum to its Utah field office on the management of the Grand Staircase-Escalante Monument in the state.