Fox standing tall amid b'cast erosion
Tags: FOX Broadcasting Co.
- Fox pulls 'Choice' laffer. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;9/13/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 9, p9
Reports on the change in the decision of Fox about the American sitcom 'Nathan's Choice.' Number of episodes ordered from Warner Brothers Television; Difficulty in pulling off the show; Complexity of the show's premise.
- Canadian cablecos to do the FOX trot. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/12/94, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p43
Announces that Fox, the American network, will soon be on Canadian cable channels. Canadian Radio-television and Communications Commission announcement; CRTC rules; PBS, the American public broadcaster.
- Fox uses NFL to woo network affiliates. Flint, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;1/10/94, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p18
Reports on Fox's negotiations with rival networks affiliates. Focus on switching; Aspects of the negotiations; List of affiliates approached by Fox.
- Fox's latest four add up to 96%. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;4/18/94, Vol. 124 Issue 16, p16
Reports on the service coverage capacity of Fox Broadcasting Co.'s television operations. Percentage of homes; Affiliations in various states; Acquisition of CBS Inc. affiliates; Effect of expansion on secondary affiliate stations of competing networks. INSET: Fox's growing family. (list of...
- Give-and-take at Fox affiliates meeting. SC // Broadcasting & Cable;6/27/94, Vol. 124 Issue 26, p7
Reports on Fox Broadcasting Co.'s affiliate gathering in Los Angeles, California. Station executives' unanimous rejection of another late-night vehicle from the network; Retention of an independent legal counsel to review the network-affiliate relationship.
- Fox unveils fall rollout schedule. SC // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p19
Presents the network debut schedule of Fox Broadcasting which will be commencing from August 31, 1995 till October 1, 1995.
- Fox holding its own, says Matoian. Littleton, Cynthia // Broadcasting & Cable;7/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 31, p27
Reports on Fox Entertainment president John Matoian's report on the performance of the network before a gathering of the Television Critics Association. Fox audience; `The X-Files'; Fall launch schedule.
- Fox following suit. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p14
No abstract available.
- Fox News clears. L.R. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/2/96, Vol. 126 Issue 37, p28
Reports that 24 Fox Broadcasting Co. affiliates are scheduled to clear Fox News Sunday on September 1, 1996.
- Fox considers giving back hour. SC // Broadcasting & Cable;4/12/93, Vol. 123 Issue 15, p15
Reports that Fox is considering an affiliate request to return the Sunday 10-11:00 pm time periods to stations after the financial interest and syndication rules were scrapped. No affiliate consensus about the relinquished hour; Announcement of decision when the networks have fall lineup of...