Who lost Pearl Harbor?
- Leadership Lessons from Pearl Harbor. Davis, Kevin // Executive Excellence;Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on leadership lessons from Pearl Harbor. Contents of the book 'At Dawn We Slept: The Untold Story of Pearl Harbor.'
- Objects in history. Campbell, Tom // American History;May/Jun96, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p74
Discusses the role of the Yard Tug Hoga in saving ships at Pearl Harbor bombed by the Japanese on December 7, 1941. Commendation from Admiral Chester W. Nimitz to Hoga and her crew for their bravery and service during the attack; Hoga as the last remaining vessel afloat that survived the...
- The golden pearl. Mallon, T. // American Spectator;Mar1992, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p36
Describes a trip to Pearl Harbor in December 1991 by members of the Pearl Harbor Survivors Association to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the attack there by Japan on December 7, 1941. The ceremony at the Arizona Memorial Visitor Center; Feelings of the veterans; Anecdotes of things that...
- Scouts at Pearl Harbor. Peterson, R.W. // Boys' Life;Dec91, Vol. 81 Issue 12, p28
Recounts Boy Scouts' experiences during the attack on Pearl Harbor by the Japanese fifty years ago. Fourteen-year-old C. Dudley Pratt Jr.; Paul Y. Ishimoto; Scoutmaster Richard Mizuta and his Troop 50. INSET: Japanese-Americans remained loyal..
- Pearl Harbor Day. // Cobblestone;Dec90, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p36
Recounts the attack by Japanese planes on United States battleships, a submarine base, and storage facilities on the morning of December 7, 1941, at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Formation of Japanese American regiment.
- `They're bombing Pearl Harbor!' Quiroz, Kelly // Cobblestone;Jan1994, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p6
Recounts the bombing of Pearl Harbor, Hawaii on December 7, 1941 by the Japanese through the eyes of two servicemen who were there. Ray Schultz, a sailor aboard the USS Hull; Schultz's reaction to news of the attack; Lee Weaver, who was attending clerical school on the submarine base.
- My grandfather's legacy of forgiveness. Wieck, Cornelia M. // Christian Science Monitor;12/5/96, Vol. 89 Issue 8, p17
Recalls the anger that Japanese still disliked about Pearl Harbor Day. Information on the Pearl Harbor Day; Reason for the anger and dislike; Detailed information.
- Remember Pearl Harbor! // Current Events;11/25/91, Vol. 91 Issue 11, p2a
Describes the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. Located on Hawaiian island of Oahu; Surprise attack left most of United States Pacific fleet sunk or damaged; President Franklin D. Roosevelt's declaration of war; Japan's attack on Philippines; Highlights of World War II;...
- Pearl Harbor Day commemorated. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/11/95, Vol. 42 Issue 50, p37
Reports on the commemoration of the 54th Anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor. How commemoration took place.
- Pearl Harbor is history, around us is living history. PAIGE, HARRY W. // National Catholic Reporter;02/26/99, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p2
Reflects on the bombing of Pearl Harbor, Hawaii on December 7, 1941. Account about a ceremony commemorating the 57th anniversary of the event; How the United States military commemorates the event; Why the event will continue to be remembered.