- Sea snails alive! // Ranger Rick;Sep98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p10
Features several kinds of snails. Description of the flamingo tongue snail; Parts of a snail's body; Colorful features of the cowries snail; Lethal characteristics of the textile cone snail.
- Scales and Snails. // WILD;May2004, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p28
Features a new species of snail discovered underwater near hot vents in the Indian Ocean in 2004.
- A set of snails. Paul, Ellen // Spider;Jul96, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p22
Offers information on freshwater snails. Snails as interesting pets; Physiology; Types of freshwater snails; Tips for making a snail aquarium.
- Snails' place. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Aug96, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p9
Reports that British scientists are populating the 20 square meters of rainforest on the Pacific island of Moorea with captivity-bred species of snails.
- Giant snails are falling prey. // International Wildlife;Mar/Apr86, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p50
Giant snails are falling prey to new enemies after surviving for millions of years in their secluded island environment. Their enemies are pigs, rats, bulldozers and human collectors. A look at the giant land snail's struggle for survival.
- Conical conundrums: Australian tree snails. Stanisic, John // Wildlife Australia;Spring2003, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p44
Features tree snails in Australia. Habitat; Physical characteristics; Shell shape relationships; Comparison with forest-floor dwellers.
- Distribution and Dispersal Mechanisms of Oxytrema (--Goniobasis) suturalis Haldeman (Gastropoda: Pleuroceridae) in the Yellow River, Georgia, U.S.A. Krieger, K. A.; Burbanck, W. D. // American Midland Naturalist;Jan1976, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p49
No abstract available.
- Last stand for society snails. Tudge, Colin // New Scientist;7/11/92, Vol. 135 Issue 1829, p25
Examines the partulas, a small land snail from the high volcanic Pacific islands, which are now near extinction. The classic modern study of partulas by James Murray; The selective pressures sustaining the enormous variety of partulas; The broad genetic differences seen between different...
- Brown snail scare on east coast. // American Nurseryman;11/1/93, Vol. 178 Issue 9, p71
Reports on the distribution of brown garden snail infested plants in the East Coast. Detection in Virginia stores; Plant type affected; Source.