Build a nine-band shortwave receiver
- The OCR II Receiver. Wissell, Dan // More QRP Power: The Best Recent QRP Articles from QST & QEX;2006, p4-17
The article offers instructions for building an all-mode multiband shortwave receiver.
- Sennheiser adds to UHF. // TVB Europe;Feb99, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the addition of dual and single channel rackmount receiver systems to Sennheiser's line of frequency selectable 3000 RF series of UHF radio microphones. Features of the receivers; Contact information.
- Tunable shortwave antenna. Wecke, H.J. // Electronics Now;Jul94, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p60
Describes a process of improving shortwave reception by using a tunable antenna. Difficulty of matching random-length antennas; Parts list; Circuitry; Construction.
- Floaters from Cobra. // Salt Water Sportsman;Oct2009, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p24
The article evaluates the MR HH330 FLT and the Bluetooth-equipped MR HH475 FLT BT floating hand-held very high frequency radios from Cobra Electronics Corp.
- Simulation of LNA in 0.18ï¿½m CMOS Technology. Toteva, Ina Plamenova; Andonova, Anna Vladova // Annual Journal of Electronics;2011, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p149
In the paper an approach for redesign and simulation of narrow band LNA for UHF application is discussed. Several parameters, which are very important in design and verification of low noise amplifiers, are presented. These parameters can show how the amplifier is going to work after ESD...
- COMPACT DUAL BAND TAG ANTENNA DESIGN FOR RADIO FREQUENCY IDENTIFICATION (RFID) APPLICATION. Tan, C. L.; Ismail, W. // Progress in Electromagnetics Research C;Oct2012, Vol. 31, p29
The increasing need for automatic identification and object tracking in supply chains has led to the development of radio frequency identification (RFID) systems. High frequency (HF) and ultra-high frequency (UHF) bands are frequently used because of their advantages over other bands. Although...
- A SLIM WIDEBAND AND CONFORMAL UHF RFID TAG ANTENNA BASED ON U-SHAPED SLOTS FOR METALLIC OBJECTS. Tao Tang; Guo Hong Du // Progress in Electromagnetics Research C;Jun2013, Vol. 38, p141
A slim wideband patch antenna designed for the ultra- high frequency (UHF) band radio frequency identification (RFID) tag is presented in this paper, which can be mounted on flat or curved metallic surfaces directly. The presented antenna is fabricated on a very thin (only 0.5mm) and low-cost...
- LOUD AND CLEAR. Bartlett, Tim // Power & Motoryacht;Sep2012, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p64
The article discusses the significance of getting the right VHF antenna and mounting it properly on sportsfishing boats and offshore cruisers. It explains the optimum length of an antenna in order to gain the right amount of energy and radiation. It also cites several antennas for offshore...
- Back to the Star Roamer. Ellis, Marc // Popular Electronics;Nov96, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p78
Presents instructions for restoration of a Knight Kit Star Roamer short-wave receiver kit. Component replacement; Rebuilding the power supply; First power-up test; Housekeeping.