Little progress seen being made on pharmacy woes
- Includes the public. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Sep97, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p146
Reports on the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy's launching of a Web site that provides information on managed care pharmacy clinical practices and pharmacotherapeutic issues and updates.
- What did the doctor write? // Current Health 1;Mar1990, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p14
Defines and explains prescription drugs and how they work. Differences from over-the-counter medications; Reading a prescription; Generic drugs; Refilling a prescription.
- LATELINES. // Drug Topics;5/19/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 10, p7
Presents news briefs related to pharmacy in the U.S. as of May 19, 2003. Food and Drug Administration's approval of an updated product labor for acitretin; Initiatives to improve health-system pharmacy practice; Arizona pharmacy board's warning on the illegal purchase of drugs from Canadian...
- APhA offers Pharmacy Week promotion. // Drug Topics;8/18/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 16, p7
Reports that the American Pharmaceutical Association has materials and information to help pharmacists celebrate National Pharmacy Week on October 19-25, 2003.
- Feds give break to pharmacy residencies. // Drug Topics;8/18/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 16, p8
Reports on issues related to Medicare funding for pharmacy residency programs in hospitals in the U.S.
- Newsbites. // Drug Store News;6/26/95, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p53
Presents American pharmacy news items for the week of June 26, 1995. Includes the victory of independent Texan pharmacists against a licensing legislation on fitting orthotics and prosthetics; Restriction in physician-owned pharmacies; Proposal for new government standards in the distribution...
- Retail pharmacists ready for legislative battles. // Drug Store News;2/17/97, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p14
Focuses on retail pharmacists' preparations to do battle with their managed care counterparts on a variety of pharmacy practice issues up for action in state legislatures in 1997. Transfer of Medicare beneficiaries into health maintenance organizations (HMOs) or other managed healthcare...
- Pharmacy care codified by Rx act. // Drug Store News;9/22/97, Vol. 19 Issue 15, pCP24
No abstract available.
- If not now, when? If not us, who? Rollings, Marianne // Drug Topics;7/19/93, Vol. 137 Issue 14, p10
Opinion. Challenges the pharmacist to be active in proving the abilities of the profession. Medication expert; Faith in abilities; Case of the nurse practitioners; Greater access to patient information through Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act.
- Setting the record straight. Conlan, Michael F. // Drug Topics;9/20/93, Vol. 137 Issue 18, p22
Features news and developments in different states regarding pharmacy. Excuses of not joining state associations according to the Maryland Pharmacists Association; Plastic cards for Medicaid patients in Arkansas; Second Northeast Symposium on Women in Pharmacy in Connecticut; More.