The very model of a modern marketing plan
- Getting started. Hedden, Carole R. // Marketing Tools;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p58
Suggests tips to businesses for an effective marketing plan. Customer knowledge; Knowledge of competition; Marketing strategy; Management issues.
- A newsletter pulls employees together. // Nation's Business;Feb96, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p10
Looks at a newsletter as a means of communication in companies. Importance of newsletter; Information on Yours Truly Restaurant chain use of a newsletter; Description of company's newsletter; Suggestions for businesses beginning a newsletter.
- Communications Technology Forecast--'97 and Beyond. // Business Communications Review;Sep96, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p10
Focuses on the forecast for several business communications technology. Includes prospects for the mobility of workers; Prospects for multimedia/desktop videoconferencing; Groupware; Internet commerce.
- It's a Packet World. McQuillan, John // Business Communications Review;Sep96, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the development of business communication systems. Background to the development of the ARPAnet; Improvements made to packet technology and its impact on communications systems; Evolution of four key communications technologies; Prospects for its development. INSET: From the vaults...
- The Challenge of Managing Change. Herman, James // Business Communications Review;Sep96, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p78
Focuses on issues on the management of change affecting communications systems in business enterprises. Changes affecting network and distributed systems management; Challenges of advances in technology and services in change management; Issues affecting service management. INSET: From the...
- Rethinking depreciation. Weingarten, Michael; Stuck, Bart // Business Communications Review;Oct98, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p63
Comments on the depreciation trends of the telecommunication systems for businesses offered by incumbent local exchange carriers (ILEC). Statistics of the declining value of system investments since 1997; Factors affecting the depreciation rates; Challenges in improving system productivity. ...
- Negotiating for local service--the dance has just begun. Kuehn, Richard A. // Business Communications Review;Oct98, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p72
Comments on the challenges facing transactions for creating new business telecommunication services from local providers. Importance of using the Requests for Proposal (RFP) comparing the quality of local systems; Factors necessary before agreeing on the lowest service rate.
- The fast lane. Derk, James // Indiana Business Magazine;May98, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p40
Focuses on options of businesses for high-speed relay of information and Internet connections. Savings in phone lines from a local area network; Features of the Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line technology; Popularity of the Integrated Services Digital Network service.
- Trawling for information. Morant, Adrian // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Oct95, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p32
Discusses the use of the Internet by businesses. Cost-effectiveness of the Internet; Categories of business information needs; What used to happen before Internet; Who the information services companies are targeting; What Tel-Me does; Evaluation by Coopers and Lybrand; What the Overseas...