The very model of a modern marketing plan
- Getting started. Hedden, Carole R. // Marketing Tools;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p58
Suggests tips to businesses for an effective marketing plan. Customer knowledge; Knowledge of competition; Marketing strategy; Management issues.
- A newsletter pulls employees together. // Nation's Business;Feb96, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p10
Looks at a newsletter as a means of communication in companies. Importance of newsletter; Information on Yours Truly Restaurant chain use of a newsletter; Description of company's newsletter; Suggestions for businesses beginning a newsletter.
- Communications Technology Forecast--'97 and Beyond. // Business Communications Review;Sep96, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p10
Focuses on the forecast for several business communications technology. Includes prospects for the mobility of workers; Prospects for multimedia/desktop videoconferencing; Groupware; Internet commerce.
- It's a Packet World. McQuillan, John // Business Communications Review;Sep96, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the development of business communication systems. Background to the development of the ARPAnet; Improvements made to packet technology and its impact on communications systems; Evolution of four key communications technologies; Prospects for its development. INSET: From the vaults...
- The Challenge of Managing Change. Herman, James // Business Communications Review;Sep96, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p78
Focuses on issues on the management of change affecting communications systems in business enterprises. Changes affecting network and distributed systems management; Challenges of advances in technology and services in change management; Issues affecting service management. INSET: From the...
- Rethinking depreciation. Weingarten, Michael; Stuck, Bart // Business Communications Review;Oct98, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p63
Comments on the depreciation trends of the telecommunication systems for businesses offered by incumbent local exchange carriers (ILEC). Statistics of the declining value of system investments since 1997; Factors affecting the depreciation rates; Challenges in improving system productivity. ...
- Negotiating for local service--the dance has just begun. Kuehn, Richard A. // Business Communications Review;Oct98, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p72
Comments on the challenges facing transactions for creating new business telecommunication services from local providers. Importance of using the Requests for Proposal (RFP) comparing the quality of local systems; Factors necessary before agreeing on the lowest service rate.
- Data shorts. // Telephony;3/18/96, Vol. 230 Issue 12, p20
Presents brief reports as they relate to telecommunications companies. Relay access device of Netlink Incorporated (Inc.); Expansion plans of U S West; Switches export of Ascend Communication Inc; Joint venture between Bell Atlantic and Teloquent Communications Corporation.
- Messaging creates overload. // Practical Accountant;Aug99, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p26
Focuses on messaging overload in the workplace, according to a study by Pitney Bowes Inc. Coping strategies for messaging overload; Advice to employees to become effective communicators.