Tags: BUSINESS failures
- Voluntary Arrangement gives Christmas cheer. // Credit Management;Apr2003, p9
Reports on the decline in the number of business failures in Great Britain as a result of the Voluntary Arrangement moratorium which came into effect on January 1, 2003. Reduction in the number of receiverships and administration orders; Increase in compulsory liquidation.
- Dollar liabilities from U.S. business failures increase 29 percent during 1995. Duncan, Joseph W. // Business Credit;Mar1996, Vol. 98 Issue 3, Dun & Bradstreet Looks... p1
Focuses on business failures in the United States in 1995. Level of failure in industry sectors.
- Business failures steady for third consecutive year. Duncan, Joseph W. // Business Credit;Apr97, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p51
Reports that dollar liabilities associated with business failures in the United States declined by nine percent. Comparison of dollar liabilities in 1996 with those for 1995; Statistics on business failures in the construction sector; Outline of some of the factors that can contribute to...
- Business failures rise for the first time in three years. Duncan, Joseph W. // Business Credit;Jun98, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p65
Announces that the number of business failures in the United States increased by 16 percent in 1997 compared to 1996, according to the Dun and Bradstreet Corporation. Number of business failures in 1997; Which sectors had most of the business failures; What sectors did not have business...
- BANKRUPTCIES. // Crain's Cleveland Business;05/28/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p7
Lists the businesses in Ohio that have filed for protection from creditors in the United States Bankruptcy Courts in Cleveland, Ohio as of May 28, 2001. Hardwick Painting Co.; G and S Home Improvement; PITA Inc.
- Signs that your business is in trouble. MacLachlan, Claudia // Crain's Chicago Business;5/1/95, Vol. 18 Issue 18, pR32
Lists indications of impending business failure. Includes returned sales; Defection of key personnel; Competitors' direction.
- BANKRUPTCIES. Wright, Shawn // Crain's Detroit Business;11/8/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p33
The article presents a list of businesses including Tyger Excavating Inc., Soueidan Car Wash Inc. and Father & Sons Inc. that have filed for Chapter 7 or 11 protection in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Detroit, Michigan, during October 29-November 4, 2010.
- Z scores--a guide to failure prediction. Eidleman, Gregory J. // CPA Journal;Feb95, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p52
Discusses methods in detecting business failures. Concerns of users of ratio information; Methods of statistical approaches to ratios; Altman's Z score; Examples of misclassifications; Usefulness of statistical models.
- The secret of my success. Useem, Jerry // Inc.;May98, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p67
Focuses on the failure of Jeff Schwartz's business, Remarkable Moments. Reason his company failed; Information on the effect the business failure had on Schwartz; Comments from from David Ferrari, a consultant who advises failing companies; Detailed information on the program What's Best!. ...