Take these eight steps to create a `welcoming school'
Tags: SCHOOL environment
- Trades, crafts, machine operation. // NEA Today;Sep96, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p26
Replies to a query related to improving the learning environment for students. Building of computer cabinets in carpentry classes; Vocational high schools.
- EDUCATION BRIEFS. // Navajo Times;5/14/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 19, pC.3
Several photographs are presented depicting cultural dances and songs performed by Tuba City Boarding School in Arizona.
- Test-retest stability of school instructional climate measures. Krug, Samuel E. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Dec93, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p858
Studies the instructional climate in five Illinois schools to determine the systematic changes in the schools' psychological environment. Importance of studying the factors that influence learning; Results of the study; Use of these results in planning and monitoring strategies for intervention.
- Academic environments: Internal analysis. Winchip, Susan M. // College Student Journal;Sep96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p340
Examines examples of atypical internal environments in academic settings such as bulletin board graffiti, student hang-outs, fixed-feature space, semifixed-feature space and environmental attributes. Inducements for academic environments; Environmental patterns that should be addressed at each...
- Supporting inclusion: Beyond the rhetoric. Roach, Virginia // Phi Delta Kappan;Dec95, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p295
Looks at how inclusion can be defined with full range of abilities and disabilities in education classroom. Implementation; Planning; Creating inclusive classrooms; Preparing for inclusion.
- Creating successful learning communities. Purrington, Linda // Thrust for Educational Leadership;Oct96, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the creation of a learning environment which is a key indicator of a healthy and successful school community. Concept of school as a center of inquiry and as a community of learners as a change from traditional theories; Principles for school leaders.
- What we graded. // Teacher Magazine;Feb97, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p34
Presents a detailed description of the indicators of an ideal school climate in which students are able to attain academic success, and the methods used to grade the states on them. Scale; Local autonomy; School safety; Roles of teachers and principal; Student/parent roles.
- School climate: The grades. // Teacher Magazine;Feb97, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p36
Presents a state-by-state report card that shows overall grades on school climate. States' performance in terms of scale, local autonomy, safety, teacher/principal roles and student/parent roles.
- The Educational Environment and Student Health. Shuvalova, V.S.; Shiniaeva, O.V. // Russian Education & Society;Nov2001, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p5
Examines the relationship between the school environment and the students' state of health in Russia. Factors that are responsible for the health of school students; Social-territorial characteristics of health; Structure of school students' illnesses and disorders; People who help students...