MCI and Cisco Systems sponsor International CyberFair for Schools on the Internet
- Varying grades of service. Snyder, Beth // Telephony;03/31/97, Vol. 232 Issue 13, p8
Reports on MCI's plans to add software to its Cisco network equipment to offer two grades of service for customers using the Internet. Deployment of Cisco's IOS software with NetFlow switching as an upgrade to MCI's installed base of Cisco 7500 routers.
- MCI, Cisco, IBM team up on SNA. Biagi, Susan // Telephony;07/06/98, Vol. 235 Issue 1, p7
Introduces networkMCI Enterprise Blue, a three-tiered set of prepackaged applications from MCI Communications, IBM and Cisco Systems that brings Systems Network Architecture data to the World Wide Web. Benefits offered to customers; Design specifications; Capabilities.
- Data shorts. // Telephony;3/20/95, Vol. 228 Issue 12, p25
Reports on developments regarding telecommunications companies in the United States as of March 20, 1995. Expansion of MCI's global integrated services digital network (ISDN) services; Introduction of Bell Atlantic's SONET Access Loop Termination (SALT); Launching of ISDN*tek's CyberSpace...
- Grappling with VoIP. Clark, Robert // America's Network;1/15/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p26
The article focuses on voice over Internet protocol technology (VoIP). A slew of major carriers has entered the consumer retail VoIP arena, while challengers like Skype and Vonage Inc. continue to rack up impressive numbers. VoIP is taking serious headlines and mindshare. And it is clearly a...
- The time is right for IP Centrex. Johnson, Johna Till // Network World;1/26/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p42
Discusses the benefits of VoIP services. Views of a reader about MCI and other telecom players; Collaboration amongst IP PBX vendors and service providers to offer managed IP-based Centrex services; Features of Centrex services as PBX-less business phone services; Benefits of lower cost and...
- Hello out there. Major, Michael J. // Equities;Sep96, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p45
Features MCI Communications Corp. Rank in the Nasdaq 1000 list; Net income for 1996; Services offered.
- MCI bonds with LECS--electronically. // Telephony;02/03/97, Vol. 232 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the expected electronic bonding between MCI Communications Corp. and local exchange carriers in the United States.
- MCI seeks single yardstick. // Telephony;03/31/97, Vol. 232 Issue 13, p7
Reports on MCI's proposed industrywide service-level definitions for public frame relay networks.
- Local competition hits Minnesota. // Telephony;07/28/97, Vol. 233 Issue 4, p50
Reports on the introduction of MCI Communications Corp.'s local calling service for businesses in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota area.