Upper-tropospheric aerosol sampled during Project FIRE IFO II
Tags: CIRRUS clouds
- Cirrus cloud radiative and microphysical properties from ground observations and in situ... Kinne, S.; Akerman, T.P. // Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences;9/15/97, Vol. 54 Issue 18, p2320
Looks at a study which examined the FIRE 1991 cirrus cloud field experiment in the United States, while focusing on its measurements. Analysis of the measurements; Details on the properties of the cirrus microphysical; Results of the study.
- Small ice crystals in cirrus clouds: A model study and comparison with in situ observations. Lin, Hong; Noone, Kevin J.; Str�m, Johan; Heymsfield, Andrew J. // Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences;6/1/98, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p1928
Provides information on a study using an air parcel model including homogeneous freezing nucleation of ice crystals to investigate the formation and development of cirrus clouds. Information on the cirrus model; Impact of aerosol properties on cirrus formation; In-depth look at air parcel...
- The optical properties of equatorial cirrus from observations in the ARM pilot radiation... Platt, C.M.R.; Young, S.A.; Manson, P. J.; Patterson, G. R.; Marsden, S. C.; Austin, R. T.; Churnside, J. H. // Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences;6/1/98, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p1977
Provides information on the results of a study conducted by the ARM Pilot Radiation and Observation Experiment at Kavieng, Papua New Guinea, in January and February 1993 on the optical properties of equatorial cirrus clouds. Methodology used to conduct the study; Information on the calculation...
- The role of ice particle shapes and size distributions in the single scattering properties of... Macke, Andreas; Francis, Peter N.; McFarquhar, Greg M.; Kinne, Stefan // Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences;9/1/98, Vol. 55 Issue 17, p2874
Examines the role of ice particle size distributions (SDs) and particle shapes in cirrus cloud solar radiative transfer. Description of research methodology used; Examination of ice particle shapes and scattering properties; Conclusion of the research.
- Dynamical characteristics of cirrus clouds from aircraft and radar observations in micro and... Gultepe, I.; Starr, D.O'C. // Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences;12/1/95, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p4060
Examines dynamical characteristics of cirrus clouds from aircraft and radar observations in the United States. Formation of cirrus clouds during the First International Satellite Cloud Climatology Project Regional Experiment; Role of cirrus cloud in climate changes; Study of clouds within...
- Remote sounding of cirrus cloud optical depths and ice crystal sizes from AVHRR data... Ou, S.C.; Liou, K.N. // Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences;12/1/95, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p4143
Examines remote sounding of cirrus cloud optical depths and ice crystal sizes from Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer (AVHRR). Composition of cirrus clouds; Microphysical and optical parameters; Updating of real-time global cloud analysis.
- Dynamical structure and turbulence in cirrus clouds: Aircraft observations during FIRE. Gultepe, I.; Starr, D. O'C // Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences;12/1/95, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p4159
Examines the dynamical processes operating in cirrus cloud systems. Variability of the microphysical composition of cirrus clouds; Coupled microphysical-radiative-dynamical system; Turbulent intensity and calculated turbulence.
- Selection of the 1.375-...m MODIS channel for remote sensing of cirrus clouds and stratospheric... Gao, Bo-Cai; Kaufman, Yoram J. // Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences;12/1/95, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p4231
Examines remote sensing of cirrus clouds and stratospheric aerosols from space. Data acquired with the Airborne Visible Infrared Imaging Spectrometer; Detection of cirrus clouds in satellite images; Sensors on the Earth Observing System.
- Relating cirrus cloud properties to observed fluxes: A critical assessment. Vogelmann, A.M.; Ackerman, T.P. // Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences;12/1/95, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p4285
Examines cirrus cloud scattering and microphysical properties. Radiative effect on climate; Cloud radiative forcing and feedback; Crystal orientation in cirrus clouds; Variability of emissiveness and reflectiveness.