Selling on the Internet
- The Web's dark side. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p186
Presents information on a study of firms which provide their employees with Internet/Web access, points to a dark side. Statistical information on employees who waste company time surfing the Web for non business reasons.
- The Internet's growth problems. Naldi, Maurizio // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p55
Focuses on the growth problems of the Internet. Impact of Internet on public network services; Intrinsic distributed nature of the Internet; Diffusion data; Alternative strategies to divert Internet traffic.
- On...the...firstname.lastname@example.org. Lam, Shona // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;05/15/97, Vol. 156 Issue 10, p1465
Presents advice in conducting Internet searches. Highlights from the web site of the Canadian Medical Association; Recommendation of the web site of the Family Physician Asthma Group of Canada.
- Another alternative view of the Internet. Cronin, John // Accountancy Ireland;Jun98, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p32
Opinion. Focuses on the Internet while siting the article `The Internet Heretic: An Alternative View?' by James Fulford published in the February 1998 issue of Accountancy Ireland. Background information on the Internet; How to create a web site; Details on electronic commerce; In-depth look at...
- Intranet chic: The enterprise is where it's at. // American Banker;9/16/96 Supplement, Vol. 161 Issue 177, p2A
Focuses on the business possibilities of the Internet. Hype about consumer transactions via networks of personal computers; Group-work collaboration.
- Technology advances require new kind of code of conduct. Vartanian, Thomas P. // American Banker;12/9/96 Supplement, Vol. 161, p11A
Asserts that the Internet has changed many rules of business. Need for business enterprises to adjust written policies; Statement regarding cyberspace access; Contracts between employees and other parties in cyberspace; Security of electronic value; Confidentiality of information.
- Who will pay for the Internet? // Academe;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p44
Focuses on the commercialization of the Internet. Ethical issues; Implications on publishers.
- The term-paper caper. Long, Cynthia D. // Academe;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the increase in research papers being purchased on the Internet computer network in the United States. Indepth look at Internet term-paper companies; Reference to the Boston University lawsuit against several Internet companies; Comments from owner of Professor Abe Korn's Term Paper,...
- Roadkill: Bits and Bytes. // Advertising Age;09/30/96, Vol. 67 Issue 40, p43
Presents bits and bytes related to the Internet. The new Web site for Viractin, a treatment for cold sores and fever blisters; America Online (AOL) as getting the okay to block junk e-mail to its members.