- Tooth Loss. Berg, Michael; Wuebben, Joe; Haar, Kristi // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;May2003, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p26
Reports on a study on the link between tooth loss and increased risk of stroke.
- Bitter pill. FONG, TANYA // Choice;Nov2010, p5
This article reports on a study which linked painkillers to the risk of stroke.
- Depression associated with increased risk of stroke and stroke-related death. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;9/30/2011, Vol. 21, p822
The article reports on a study which reveals that mental depression is linked with a significantly increased risk of stroke and stroke-related mortality.
- Hyperthyroidism may increase stroke risk in young adults. Blazek, Nicole; Brannon, Matthew; Kalvaitis, Katie; Raible, Eric; Southall, Jennifer // Endocrine Today;May2010, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p20
The article discusses research on the link between hyperthyroidism and the risk for stroke in young adults, by J. J. Sheu and colleagues, published in "Stroke."
- MINERVA. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/17/2007, Vol. 334 Issue 7593, p592
This article presents news briefs in medicine. The journal "Stroke" reported that arterial stiffness is linked to a heightened risk of stroke and that stroke is linked to cognitive dysfunction and dementia, however, arterial stiffness is not an independent risk factor for cognitive decline or...
- Fat distribution can predict the risk of stroke. Ferraro, Julia // RN;Mar97, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p14
Reveals that fat distribution can predict the risk of stroke. Link between waist/hip ratio and body mass index and the risk of stroke.
- Stroke. Mead, Mike // Practice Nurse;10/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on the main areas of intervention for stroke in primary care according to a medical research. Background on hypertension, a major risk factor for stroke; Link between atrial fibrillation and stroke prevention; Prevention of stroke by using an antiplatelet agent.
- Suffer the little children. Ko, Marnie // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;05/17/99, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p30
Discusses how bullying is becoming an increasingly vicious problem in schools across Canada. Example of a bullying incident in the Edmonton, Alberta, school system; The possible link between school bullying and the tragedies that occurred at schools in Littleton, Colorado and Taber, Alberta;...
- Potassium & Stroke. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Nov99, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p10
Discusses the importance of potassium to people with high blood pressure. Food which can cut the risk of stroke; Food which are not linked to stroke prevention.
- Meta-analysis sheds light on vitamin E's stroke risk. // Reactions Weekly;11/13/2010, Issue 1327, p3
The article discusses research study on the link between vitamin E use and the risk of hemorrhagic stroke and ischaemic stroke, published in the 2010 issue of the "British Medical Journal."