Upgrading to DVD
- Requests up for Discussion. Tosi, Jamie; Benjamin, Jason S. // DV: Digital Video;Jul2004, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p4
Presents a letter to the editor concerning the influence of digital video technology on access media centers in the U.S.
- New Color, Texture Support for Paraform 3.0. // Computer Graphics World;Jan2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p9
Features Version 3.0 of Paraform, a digital form development software. Capability of the software; Usefulness of the software in converting scans of actors and clay maquettes into digital models; Workflow enhancements incorporated into the software.
- A Programmer's View of Multiscreen. // Multichannel News;2/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p18
In this article the author discusses the large increases in the number of video assets since 2006, due to the proliferation of tablet devices and screens that aren't televisions, but display video just fine.
- tech notes. Ranada, David // Sound & Vision;Jan2003, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p81
Comments on the quality of digital video discs and other video sources on computer monitor using the video graphics array (VGA) connection. Limitation of its compact disc playback processing; Gaps in frequency settings.
- Video Toaster comes to NT. Donelan, Jenny // Computer Graphics World;Jun99, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p10
Introduces the Video Toaster for NT, a suite of tools for video creation, editing, compositing and two-dimensional/three-dimensional animation in the United States. Utilization of uncompressed digital video; Provision of the editing application Speed Razor VTE from In:Sync; Product cost.
- BRAODCOM/LIBERATE UNVEILED DVR-ENABLED SET-TOP BOXES. // CD Computing News;Jan2002, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p2
Reports of the launching of a software and silicon solution from Broadcom Corporation and Liberate Technologies for adding digital video recording capabilities to digital set-top boxes.
- Buried treasure. Gennusa, Chris // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;08/29/2000, Vol. 364 Issue 28, p16
Highlights DVD Easter Eggs, an unadvertised hidden feature in digital video discs (DVD) added by software designers for motion picture enthusiasts. Appearance of comical pictures following a series of typed commands; Examples of the features included in some DVD titles; Limited availability of...
- Movies That Fit in the Palm of Your Hand. Captain, Sean // PCWorld;Jan2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p97
Discusses the factors that will facilitate efforts to convert movies, television shows, and news programs into Windows Media Video files sized for playback on personal digital assistants in 2003. Faster processors; Bigger storage; Cooperation from the film industry.
- Pinnacle of excellence. Overington, Matt // Australian Personal Computer;Jul2003, Issue 295, p52
Evaluates the Pinnacle Edition 5 video-editing software. Ability of the Edition 5 to share the load between the graphics processing unit and the main processor; Availability of the Edition 5 in both Standard and Pro packages.
- ACTION! Stager, Gary // Curriculum Administrator;Jun2000, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p39
Evaluates the digital video capabilities of the Apple iMac DV computer. Ease of using the computer's iMovie video peripherals; Capacity of the iMovie to create a polished movie in a short period of time; Compression settings of the iMovie.