The Funk & Wagnalls DVD-ROM/Web Encyclopedia
- Picks of the month. Dyrli, Odvard Egil // Technology & Learning;Feb98, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p16
Presents information on a number of multimedia encyclopedias. Identification of encyclopedia; Price of each; Features of the encyclopedias; Reference to the limitations of the encyclopedias; Benefits of the encyclopedias.
- Reviews. Tobiason, Kathy // Technology Connection;Jan98, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p36
Reviews the online encyclopedia `Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia Online'.
- Britannica puts its powers on the Web. // T H E Journal;Aug96, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p26
Features the Britannica Online electronic encyclopedia service. Information source and other references.
- Reference and research the fun way. Buckleitner, Warren // Technology & Learning;May/Jun95, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p16
Features multimedia encyclopedias and dictionaries for primary- and elementary grade students. The Farm Junior Encyclopedia; My First Encyclopedia; My First Incredible Amazing Dictionary; Explorapedia; Merriam-Webster's Dictionary for Kids; The Random House Kid's Encyclopedia.
- Colleges may subscribe to Britannica online. // T H E Journal;Apr95, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p30
Reports on the availability of Britannica Online electronic encyclopedias to colleges and universities in Canada and the United States. Britannica Online's links to related Internet sources; Inclusion of supplementary Britannica materials; Contact information.
- Talking encyclopedia--new tool for schools. // Curriculum Review;Mar1990, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p11
Introduces Compton's computerized talking version encyclopedia intended for teaching students in the fourth through the eighth grades. How the encyclopedia comes on a compact disc that works with a CD player and a personal computer; What kind of information the system offers for the students;...
- Guide shows educators how to best use electronic encyclopedia. // Curriculum Review;Nov90, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
Reports on how students can improve their research skills using a computerized encyclopedia through the new teacher's guide. What the guide demonstrates; Its publisher; Cost through 1990.
- Encyclopedia Britannica will go online this fall... // Consumers' Research Magazine;Apr94, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p40
Reports that Encyclopedia Britannica will go online in the fall of 1994 to universities and some public libraries through Internet. Discussion of Britannica Online and what it will contain; Plans to offer online services for commercial distribution.
- Middle/high school titles. Cohen, Frances; Veccia, Susan // Multimedia Schools;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p65
Features the World Wide Web site Britannica Online from Encyclopedia Britannica Inc.