Tunes.com to provide music for Microsoft Plus! 98's Deluxe CD player
- Browser beta bug whacks Web. Gittlen, Sandra // Network World;09/29/97, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p19
Reports that Microsoft Corp. has incorporated a bug into Internet Explorer 4.0 computer software which allowed users to subscribe to nearly unlimited Web pages. Effects on servers including those of Network World Fusion and MIT/Whitehead Institute's Genome Project; Explanations from Hadi...
- Microsoft delivers a solid browser, but fails to land knockout punch. Schlesinger, Lee // Network World;09/29/97, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p39
Evaluates Microsoft Corp.'s Internet Explorer 4.0 computer software. Comparison with Netscape Communications Corp.'s Navigator 4.0 software; Features; Applications; Limitations of the software.
- Microsoft to rent out Office. Fontana, John // Network World;11/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p46
Reports on Microsoft Corp.'s unveiling of an online version of its computer operating system Office 2000. Offering of Office Online through the firm's bCentral Web portal; Applications included in Office Online; Significance of Microsoft's move.
- Upselling Vista Security. Harbert, Tam // CRN;12/3/2007 Supplement, p36
The article reviews the Windows Vista operating system from Microsoft Corp. INSET: Third Parties Demand Kernel Access.
- Apple and Microsoft team up to promote CD-ROM use. // InfoWorld;7/19/93, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p37
Reports on the downpricing of Microsoft Corp.'s Office CD 3.0. Discount price; Limitation of the promotion to Macintosh buyers and purchasers of Apple Computer Inc.'s external CD-ROM drive.
- Microsoft Office 4.0 to tighten integration. Johnson, Stuart J.; Willett, Shawn // InfoWorld;8/2/93, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p1
Reports on Microsoft Corp.'s plans to make Office 4.0 more integrated by the addition of common user interface, query and intelligent help functions. Possible inclusions of Excel 5.0, Word 6.0, PowerPoint, Access 1.1 and MS-Mail; Package features.
- Microsoft keeps Macintosh promise. // InfoWorld;01/19/98, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on Microsoft Corp.'s release of the Office 98 Macintosh Edition. Main features; Price; Contact information.
- Excel 5.0 prepares to do battle with new 1-2-3 release. Ferranti, Marc // PC Week;6/21/93, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p1
Reports on Microsoft Corp.'s upgraded Excel 5.0. Three-dimensional capabilities; Work sheet tabs; Drag-and-drop data pivoting; Counter Lotus Development Corp.'s 1-2-3 release 4.0 for Windows; Microsoft's Access database query interface; Direct file-import capabilities; Common macro language.
- Step into my Office. Harrison, Ann // Software Magazine;Mar97, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on the January, 1997, launch of the computer software Office 97, by Bill Gates, chief executive officer (CEO) of Washington-based Microsoft Corporation. Features of the software; Comments from industry officials and observers.