Macrovision, C-Dilla license SAFEDISC antipiracy technology
- Macrovision Acquires C-Dilla CD-ROM Technologies Developer. // CD Computing News;Aug99, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the acquisition of outstanding shares in C-Dilla Ltd. by Macrovision Corp. Products of C-Dilla; Benefit of the acquisition for Macrovision; Estimated value of the acquisition.
- It's inaction stations as game pirates run amok. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;04/22/2000, Vol. 166 Issue 2235, p14
Reports on technology that could increase the difficulty of copying video games used by the Sony PlayStation. Length of time for which C-Dilla, a company owned by the video anti-piracy company Macrovision, has had a solution to the problem; Problems with the authentication codes of the...
- Asian Pirates, Beware: C-Dilla Sics SafeDisc on Piracy-Prone Pacific Rim. Hollman, Lee // EMedia Professional;Aug99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p12
Reports that C-Dilla Ltd. has released its SafeDisc CD-ROM copy protection solution to its facilities in the Asia Pacific region on June 7, 1999. Names of its Asian facilities; How the SafeDisc works; Importance of the move.
- Macrovision, DiviCom in set-top pact. // Electronic News;10/3/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2034, p18
Reports on Macrovision Corp.'s plan to build its pay-per-view anticopy system into DiviCom's video compression technology.
- Macrovision has original solution for home copying. Goldstein, Seth // Billboard;9/4/93, Vol. 105 Issue 36, p65
Reports on Macrovision Corp.'s solution for the unauthorized copying of video rental and sell-through. Encoding of anti-copy signals; Statistics on home copying; Price of Macrovision's tapes.
- Protected winnings. // Billboard;10/2/93, Vol. 105 Issue 40, p77
Features a photograph Angela and Lena Kendrew, winners of the Macrovision drawing used to stock the Kendrews' robot-operated store in California. Function of the computer software.
- Off key. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;07/10/99, Vol. 163 Issue 2194, p20
Focuses on the development of a software program called AudioLok that prevents audio CDs from being read in a CD-ROM drive. Uses of the program created by C-Dilla; How thanks to SafeDisc even with the authorization code a copied CD-ROM cannot be read; The insertion of false error codes that go...
- Macrovision licenses PPV anticopy code. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/5/94, Vol. 124 Issue 36, p24
Reports that Macrovision Corp. and DiviCom Inc. has signed a deal to include Macrovision's pay-per-view anticopy system in DiviCom's digital set-top decoders.
- Macrovision's Latest Solution Designed to Safeguard Digital Content. Marcum, Melissa // EMedia Magazine;Apr2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p12
Reviews the MacroSAFE digital content protection computer software from Macrovision.